Class-T and valves combo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I felt like building something neat with enough power and a soft sound so i went for a combo with a class-T amplifier from www.41hz.com that puts out a mere 50Watts per channel in 8 ohms and doubles into 4 ohms, the model i chose was Amp10b.
Tha transformer delivers 2x21VAC and is rated at 300VA, most certainly enough for this amp.
A simple tube buffer in front of the amplifier adds up to a nice combination, the tubes are two NOS E88CC from Telefunken.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

As with all class-D or class-T amplifiers, any accidentaly shortcircuited output terminals means instant death to the amplifier so insulated terminals is necessary.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The cabinet is from Audiokit Home Page -very nice chassis, i swapped the top steel cover to one made of aluminium.

>TheShaman> Yes, it´s the galaxy line, really nice chassis, i swapped the top lid from the original steel to a aluminium dito.

>Josephjcole> I found the buffer PCB on DIYGene - Electronics DIY, Hi Fi , amplifier i already had the components and tubes.
Regarding the sound, i tested the tubebuffer with other amplifiers and i can tell you that in this particular amplifier it is the Amp10 that has the sonic limitations, not the tubebuffer, it sounds very transparent with wonderful bass, just make sure that the tubes get enough filament voltage otherwise you will have a very thin soundstage.

I added a muteswitch on the rear of the amp and a LED on the front, the camera says blue but i say purple and that the bloody camera lies.. ;)

.jpg

BTW, a very happy new year to yer all!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.