Best TA2020 Amp On Ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There are still some questions about the Lepai at the momment. Near as I can figure there are two versions of the circuit board and neither one includes all the protection diodes.

IMHO: It can end up being one of the better 2020's if you are willing to modify it but you will end up spending much time and money. I have issues with the way diodes are placed in the power supply and over temperature protection circuit. It's been 3 weeks since I ordered replacement 2020 chips but they haven't arrived yet so I can't tell if my parts placement is correct.

Rick

You can still get Arjen Helder's TA2020 MKII for $26.99 USD...Shipped..You can't beat That...It's a DIY, but that does not Matter with Board that sounds as Nice as this Does...

I'm sorry but is there any chance someone could provide a link for Arjen's kits..?

I've exhausted google searches and only gets hits for threads discussing his offerings.

Any help is appreciated.

TIA

There is a lot of Real World difference in the Output of these Chips..The TA2020 can easily power Larger Speakers than the TA2024...You can use a 13.6V Supply to do this, the TA2024 can take no more than 12V. I have a Modified Sure TA2024, and Arjen's TA2020...Given a Choice, it's Arjen's..Hands Down..

Damn...

I pulled the trigger on Arjen's TA2024 already. Well I was told that there is going to be a delay in shipping. Maybe they'll let me flip the order to the 2020.

To be honest I'm more concerned about the distortion levels than the output power. The intent is to use the amp with a speaker testing rig I'm putting together. So although the extra power would of course be nice, the THD is the most improtant spec.

I think I'll let the order stand as it is, and try out the 2020 at some other time. The Helder camp has been jumping through enough hoops for me already. I can't speak highly enough about the service to date.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.