Best TA2020 Amp On Ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
J8 it seems is for when you have a separate Power supply (ie not using the standard computer PSU.

The L R ones I think are simply inputs so that you can connect your computers sound card output to them internally. Alternatively you can use the 3.5mm jack on the plate. That would be my interpretation of his message along with the picture.

Tony.

I cant see how this seller can sell this without a detailed sheet of instructions
If I go putting these pins in the wrong place could fry my PC powersupply

There is only one voltage power input. That is the DC power from the PC
There is what seems to be only one sound input which is the 3.5mm input jack.
Then there are the pins labeled L and R which could be inputs but I have no idea why anybody would put pins for inputs when the device is clearly for 3.5mm connection. None the less if they are inputs why would I need a set of jumpers on them? And then there is the J8 pin. This sems to be something totally not related to the power voltage but rather something to do with the 3.5mm input cause its right nect to that input. Its confusing to say the least and I dont think the seller has a clue what he he talking about.

Nice seller but seems clueless.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I suspect if you are going to use the standard computer powersupply and 3.5mm jack that you do not install any jumpers at all.

You would not plug jumpers into the L R pins, they are just header pins (one of thing things which they could be used for is jumpers), and I would imagine you would plug in a cable that goes to similar output pins on your soundcard. If you have a multimeter plug in a 3.5mm jack cable and check tip and ring against the L and R pins (the ones closest to the bottom of the board I would think. I suspect you will see continuity.

Tony.

I think you are correct.
I left all the pins alone and didnt put any jumpers on them at all.
I just plugged in the power and plugged in the 3.5mm sound card to it.

BAM!

This lil baby is loud and sounds very good.
Im impressed!

My laptop is capable of sending out High Def sound via the wireless card it has in it.
I bought a receiver made for it that connects to an amp.

I used it in the past with a big stereo and the sound was great!
I think Ill be buying a stand alone small T amp to connect to the wireless receiver so I can have music in any room.

I gotta say that I prefer Class T over any type of amp.
I had Blaupunkt amps in my car. The PA series
I sold them but wish I didnt cause they had the best sound and so powerful for there size.

The accuracy and authority is amazing!
I had a Pioneer Class D full range car amp. Now, the sound was very good from that amp as well. Id say one of the best. BUT it had an almost lifeless quality. It was accurate and smooth. But the amp just didnt make me smile big like the Blaupunkts.

Ive had Class D sub amps and they were were lack luster. They have a tendency to sound sluggish. Except for that Pioneer amp.

Anyway.
Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.