No support from Dexa electronics - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th December 2009, 03:25 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Angry No support from Dexa electronics

Dont buy products from Dexa Electronics (New Class D, because there is no support. I have problems with one of my new Class D1 amplifier, it only starts up after a long time, and only when i play a music signal. I have sent emails several times and also make a lot of phonecalls, with no respons at all. I can also tell i have problems with this amplifier from the start, and Lars Clausen now the problems. I can also tell, i use 4 Newclassd1 amplifiers and i switsch the bass first and the one of them is clicking and not plays before there is a music signal. Other people here in Danmark have also problems with contact and there is no respons from Dexa Electronics Newclassd:
Old 13th December 2009, 06:33 PM   #2
Dagen is offline Dagen  Norway
diyAudio Member

To make a long story short, this sounds almost like my own experience with Dexa and my NCD modules.
Almost no answer on emails, and I have not received replacement modules on warranty that I was promised by Mr. Lars Clausen, It's now 4 months since I returned my two NCD4 modules.
Approximately two months ago I purchased two "NCD1 with NCDX upgrade". I returned one of the NCD1 modules immediately, because it had 20-25V DC on the speaker out.

after at least one unanswered email and one angry mail to Mr. Clausen, I managed to get this answer from Dexa's shipping team:

"I am sorry to tell you but your moduls its working just fine .
just please be careful how you conecting the input and output might be that the prob that you had with this moduls .
i am gone send you a new NCD1 together with NCDX its coming soon in stock ... might be in the end of next week Iits in production right now and they have promis we will get in about 5-7 working days ..btw its not even one month sience you have send the moduls its 2 weeks sience we have got it .. "

So I am playing music with one NCD1 at the moment, eagerly awaiting my new modules.. wonder why the NCD4's weren't mentioned in the answer??
Not that I need them any longer.. but my feelings for NewClassD are definitely not what it once was.

It's really a shame, because their NCD modules are really good sounding.
Old 14th December 2009, 09:55 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

A reply to this was posted in another thread, where the issue was also posted by sopiblack. It's true we do not have any crew working here to reply to support phonecalls, as we only get 1-2 support calls per month, there would simply not be enough work for such personnel. As our company mainly works as a technoloogy development and production company, we must admit our direct customer interface is not as strong as we wish it to be, even in the pre sales phase. If you expect a good phone support, we can recommend buying our products at one of our retailers instead of directly. They have people working there, to handle phonecalls properly.

Instead we have published instructions on our website about how anyone with a potential problem can get access to quick support. And we would recommend anyone to use this approach, for the most productive support result. We have not received any module from Sopiblack, only phonecalls, which we cannot respond to.

Here is our instruction:

Quote:
In case of problems with one of our products, we have an effective system to handle your support and service requirements.
If you are able to establish the cause of the problem yourself, please return the faulty module to us for warranty replacement. Remember to include your return address.
If you are not able to establish what went wrong, please ship the entire amplifier back to us for a service chekup. Usually it's impossible for us to tell you what's wrong with your amplifier, over the phone or mail. We must have a chance to analyse your assembly. We will return the amplifier to you as quick as possible, in working condition. There are no systematic errors on the modules, if there were we would obviously have posted it on the instruction.

When a diy project fails for some reason, most people react by assuming the module is the cause of the problem, because that's where the smoke comes from.
Please consider that we know for fact that the modules themselves are in good working condition when shipped. If you return a module without finding the cause that made it malfunction, the probability of the new module failing too is just about 100%. The cause of malfunction is most probably somewhere else than on the module. Thats the reason we encourage you to ship the whole thing back to us, we will find the cause, and we will make it work for you. And besides the shipping cost, it's free.
About Dagen there has possibly been a mistake on our part. At least we could not retrieve the shipping bill for returning of the NCD4's. The returned NCD1 module was in full working condition when we received it, but i'm not sure why it wasn't returned or replaced to Dagen immediately after we received it.
I have instructed my shipping crew to send 1 NCD1 and 2 NCD4 to Dagen immediately. And we apologize for this mistake.
Old 14th December 2009, 10:36 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Clausen View Post
A reply to this was posted in another thread, where the issue was also posted by sopiblack. It's true we do not have any crew working here to reply to support phonecalls, as we only get 1-2 support calls per month, there would simply not be enough work for such personnel. As our company mainly works as a technoloogy development and production company, we must admit our direct customer interface is not as strong as we wish it to be, even in the pre sales phase. If you expect a good phone support, we can recommend buying our products at one of our retailers instead of directly. They have people working there, to handle phonecalls properly.

Instead we have published instructions on our website about how anyone with a potential problem can get access to quick support. And we would recommend anyone to use this approach, for the most productive support result. We have not received any module from Sopiblack, only phonecalls, which we cannot respond to.

Here is our instruction:

About Dagen there has possibly been a mistake on our part. At least we could not retrieve the shipping bill for returning of the NCD4's. The returned NCD1 module was in full working condition when we received it, but i'm not sure why it wasn't returned or replaced to Dagen immediately after we received it.
I have instructed my shipping crew to send 1 NCD1 and 2 NCD4 to Dagen immediately. And we apologize for this mistake.
Why not sent me 2 Ncd1 replacement modules first i love the music from the modules, and i vill not vait so long time as Dagen, i promise you, i vill sent you the modules with problems quikly, when i recieve the replacement modules. It vill also show the people here, you have a good service in your company.
Old 15th December 2009, 02:13 AM   #5
Dagen is offline Dagen  Norway
diyAudio Member

I have received an email with tracking number for the modules.

Thank you for making things happen, Lars.
It seems like it will be Christmas this year too :-)

Hide this!Advertise here!