TK2050 Extremely successful modifications -- list, pics, review - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th December 2009, 09:58 PM   #31
Banned

and thanks for being able to see both sides, pano
Old 12th December 2009, 11:57 PM   #32
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Quote:
Quite a few people make $250 or more in one hour for doing considerably less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by john65b View Post
Sure, but not off the backs of the helpful and knowledgeable folks here...(of course we know better)
You haven't met my lawyer...
Old 13th December 2009, 05:28 AM   #33
diyAudio Member

OK, back to the topic... seeing as I would really appreciate a thread as gripracer has described, consolidating all of the best mods people have done to this board, for quick reference.

I'm ABOUT to purchase the 2 channel sure board and an SMPS and I want to order all of the parts for modding at the same time, so I need to figure out what those are.

Seeing as how gripracer's mods aren't entirely agreeable... how about different people giving input as to what mods they would do to the board?

How about a simple (numbered) list of mods, in order of importance, and the parts required for the mod.

Also... question. I'm looking at this SMPS :
36V DC 9.7A 349.2W Regulated Switching Power Supply_Industrial Power Adapter_Boxed Industrial Power Adapter and Chargers and Transformers_Measure Power Adapters_Sure Electronics' Webstore
It's the meanwell 36v 9.3A. Buuuut... it switches at 25khz. Is this going to be a problem? In another thread I noticed a guy was using a 24v Meanwell that switched at 70khz. I really need the full 36 volts though.
Old 13th December 2009, 03:51 PM   #34
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Have a cruise thru Ebay and look for COSEL brand supplies. They are very well made and very $$$ when new, but there are always some used ones for sale on the bay.

Cosel have extensive docs on their website, so you should be able to tell what's for sale by looking it up.
Old 14th December 2009, 12:57 AM   #35
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panomaniac View Post
Have a cruise thru Ebay and look for COSEL brand supplies. They are very well made and very $$$ when new, but there are always some used ones for sale on the bay.

Cosel have extensive docs on their website, so you should be able to tell what's for sale by looking it up.
This might not help Artcore, since he says he wants 36v, but I have a spare 24v Cosel SMPS if someone is looking. I bought two from an ebay auction but only wound up needing one. It's 150 watt, model LDA150-24. Here's Cosel's full test report on it: http://www.cosel.co.jp/dl/dl.php3?f=...=LDA&s=LDA150W . The two cost me $36 delivered, so if someone wants it, I'd pass it on at $18 + S&H. (If it's inappropriate to post this here, I apologize! From panomaniac's comment, I thought it might be helpful to someone.)
Old 14th December 2009, 04:47 AM   #36
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

I think it's helpful. And why not put it in the Swap Meet forum, too? Lot's of stuff bought and sold over there.
Old 14th December 2009, 12:02 PM   #37
john65b is offline john65b  United States
diyAudio Member

Curveship -> make sure you throw in a few $$ when you sell that power supply - a bit of profit for your "time".

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Old 16th December 2009, 11:29 AM   #38
diyAudio Member

gripracer: How do you rate those DACT type stepped attenuators? I've seen them on e-bay for $30 each, which seems almost too cheap for a stepped attenuator! Have you compared them to a normal pot?
Old 16th December 2009, 12:20 PM   #39
Minifi is offline Minifi  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I'm using a charlize2 (have a TK2050 on order)which has no input caps, which is fine if the downstream kit has them on output. Has anyone tried no input caps, on the TK2050?
Old 16th December 2009, 03:40 PM   #40
Banned

Mike - IMO, they are better than a $72 TKD conductive plastic, and certainly better than an ALPS "blue velvet" or RK097. Those are the only three I have tested it against.

It also sounds very similar to using a pair of CMF55 Vishay/Dale 1% 50ppm resistors in the signal path. In other words, I don't think they can be beat for the $.

I really want to test them against the real thing to see what they'd be like. Probably not much difference.

Hide this!Advertise here!