CNX TA2022 experience

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just want to say that the CNX TA2022 board is really really nice. I did, however, replace the output caps with some WIMA .22uF units I had laying around and the inductors from another project. The board rocks and took to resoldering components without any issue.

If anyone is considering a CNX product, I would not hesitate...very good quality and assembly.

Regards,
Carl

The next phase of the mods have been completed...I have replaced all Cz and Co caps with WIMA caps of the same capacitance. The new larger diameter inductors are solidly in place, and I replaced the PSU caps with some 22,000 uF panasonic caps that I had kicking around.

I gave it a listen just with the ipod connected and some old BIC venturi satallites and it really sounded nice...

The last thing I have in store is some replacement input caps - Jantzen crosscaps of the same value.

So far I feel that the highs are a little more pronounced than before. I guess that might be mostly attributed to the "upgraded" inductors.

Pics to follow soon.

IMG_3357.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg

Here are some pics of the mods thus far...So far I am really pleased with the result. This is a nicely priced, easy to work on amp...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.