Parallel outputs? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th November 2009, 06:54 PM   #1
jerryo is offline jerryo  Isle of Man
diyAudio Member

Default Parallel outputs?

Is it possible to parallel the ouputs of the Tripath EB-TA2022 evaluation board to make a mono amp, without modification?
Any opinions of this board would be welcome.
Thanks
Old 1st December 2009, 05:15 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I can't recall a Tripath amp that couldn't be paralleled. Bridging is a different story.

Check out the 41Hz Amp1, the docs and forum posts on it, I think it's pretty close to the eval. board.

Did you check the datasheet?
Old 2nd December 2009, 07:22 AM   #3
jerryo is offline jerryo  Isle of Man
diyAudio Member

Hi Kristleifur,
thanks for the reply. I asked the seller of these and he thought they could "not" be parallelled without modification.! They are on ebay and he wants about 40.00 for them, but looking at the 41hz site, for a little more money I could get an Amp5 which has the power supply on the pcb.
Thanks again
Jerryo

Hide this!Advertise here!