not DIY amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For that budget consider shopping a surplus outfit like Goodwill or Salvation Army for a vintage reciever/amplifier.

My point being it will include FM stereo and inputs for everything from phonos to MP3 players to your stereo TV<if it has the outputs>.

About the only thing I would stay away from is most Radio Shack Realistic brand stuff. Sansui, Akai, Marantz, Pioneer, Sony, were all pretty good. Borderline IMO would be Samsung and Fisher.

If you want to keep cost down go with either a Sure 2024 or Lepai 2020 design. Everyone mods them but they are pretty good right out of the box. While they claim to put out 15-20 Watts I would guess they actually put out closer to 5-10 Watt range before distortion goes to untolerable levels. This is enough for a 20'x30' room and as loud as I would consider if I lived in an appartment with neighbors.

If you need more power then that, you should consider one of the higher power Sure Tripath based amps. You should just be able to get a 50 Watt/channel amp and power supply on your budget.

Rick

ill try out the lepai since small size is another thing i need
anyway for 40$ it worth the risk. I couldent find a Sure amp on ebay..
Topping TP10 MK4 lookin good as well but the price is double(80$), and Im not sure I need a good one cuz my speakers are cheap..
Thanks for your help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.