6000W By IRS2092

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anybody Built it ? I'm looking for something about 1kW, is there any updated schematic and PCB? Maybe U can send me one copy. If anybody has built it succesfully, please, give some information and advices about it, eventually things to change.

I havent built the 6000w version but i have done a basic version.

Class d is fussy about decoupling so make sure it is well decoupled between all the power supplies. Also decouple b+ to b- and b+ and b- to gnd.

The 2092 is fun to get working correctly as it has so much protection inside.
You need to get the vaa, vcc and vss right. Deadtime needs to be right if you dont want to cook the mosfets.

I found the overcurrent protect was ok for my amp and it didnt cut out the 2092.

Make sure you use proper class d mosfets or you might have trouble with gate charge if the gate capacitance is too great.

If yo uwant things easy just go for a class AB amp. If you are brave and dont mind putting in a bit of work then go for class d.

I would recommend getting a basic 2092 circuit working first before progressing onto the 6000w version.
Its a good experience in helping to understand the 2092 and class d.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.