6000W By IRS2092

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
is true, this is the first layout in class D amplifier and may not be very properly designed , this is the reason for which are here , in Romania is no interest to this class
I will not talk about the layout as Eva gave great advice.

But something I don't understand. You mean that the people in your country prefers a cheap Chinese 2 steps class H at 40kg for 2x3000W 4ohm than a Lab.Gruppen FP13000+ or Powersoft K10 or MC2 E90 with so much more dynamic and reliability at merely 10kg ?
What you should had say is that people in your country has no money to afford current great high-efficiency amplifiers (and I don't talk only for Romania, everywhere is the same).

But if someone come in the market with a SMPS + Class D amp at 2x3000W RMS 2ohm at 10kg and with the same price than the current Chinese mammoths (and it's possible), people will start to buy class D ! no doubt about it...

You don't think so ?

Last edited:
Hi Arthur!
You say it is possible at the same price?
I say it is possible at lower price.
In class D for 1kW or above the required power semiconductors are less, the required PSU is less, the required heat sinks are less.
It is just a question of time until also the low cost manufacturers all over the world (not only China) will gain the necessary know how and the difference in sales price will melt.
Let's not start to discuss if this is good or bad, it's just obvious.

Hi Arthur!
You say it is possible at the same price?
I say it is possible at lower price.
In class D for 1kW or above the required power semiconductors are less, the required PSU is less, the required heat sinks are less.
It is just a question of time until also the low cost manufacturers all over the world (not only China) will gain the necessary know how and the difference in sales price will melt.
Let's not start to discuss if this is good or bad, it's just obvious.
I totally agree with you !
At high power, a SMPS + class D amp is cheaper to manufacture than a Linear PSU + class AB/H one. From my calculation, the inflexion point is actually somewhere around 450W 8ohm / 800W 4ohm where you can get this power with 2 cheap 200V Mosfets and a PSU based on self resonant ETD49 and a halfbridge of cheap 40A IBGT with integrated hyperfast diode. In class AB design, you need a heavy costly 1500VA transformer and at least 6 pairs of 220V/15A bipolar transistors.
The key point, as you said, is the knowledge to make the class D design cost effective, reliable, stable and performing well. And actually in Asia, nobody knows how to do. They only know how to copy (most of the time badly) Lab.Gruppen and powersoft designs which are not cost effective !

index.php

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.