6000W By IRS2092 - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th November 2009, 10:23 PM   #41
diyAudio Member

Default connection of the points SD and VSS

Friends, am I confused looking at the outline where SD and VSS of the circuit will be linked? How is he elaborated it will work perfectly and to give 6 kwrms which voltage it would be ideal for the feeding possitiva and negative?
Thank you!http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attac...rs2092_6kw.jpg
Old 18th November 2009, 02:16 AM   #42
Eva is offline Eva  Spain
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Eva
There is no way in which this circuit can produce 6000W, at least not without bridging two channels with +/-90V rails on 2 ohm (sagging to +/-80V under load, which definitely requires a regulated SMPS or far more than 3000uF per rail).

This involves 80A peak and switching such a high current reliably is not for beginners, not to mention that a schematic without a working PCB layout (or the experience required to do it) is useless.

I have reasons to think that this schematic is not based in any real working thing, and I say this from the point of view of someone that has a few working prototypes capable of 5000W bursts on 2 ohms on her workbench.

Why supply capacitors are 200V? They should be 100V. 4.7 ohm is too low as a turn on gate resistor for that MOSFET and too high as an efficient turn off resistor. Big thru-hole films on supply rails are useless, they result in resonances. Etc...

Last edited by Eva; 18th November 2009 at 02:22 AM.
Old 18th November 2009, 02:26 AM   #43
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva View Post
There is no way in which this circuit can produce 6000W, at least not without bridging two channels with +/-90V rails on 2 ohm (sagging to +/-80V under load, which definitely requires a regulated SMPS or far more than 3000uF per rail).

This involves 80A peak and switching such a high current reliably is not for beginners, not to mention that a schematic without a working PCB layout (or the experience required to do it) is useless.

I have reasons to think that this schematic is not based in any real working thing, and I say this from the point of view of someone that has a few working prototypes capable of 5000W bursts on 2 ohms on her workbench.

Why supply capacitors are 200V? They should be 100V. 4.7 ohm is too low as a turn on gate resistor for that MOSFET and too high as an efficient turn off resistor. Big thru-hole films on supply rails are useless, they result in resonances. Etc...
I wouldent really worry about this thread, the original poster hasn't even posted after the first post.! GooD info tho
Old 19th November 2009, 08:22 PM   #44
wg_ski is offline wg_ski  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleaman View Post
I wouldent really worry about this thread, the original poster hasn't even posted after the first post.! GooD info tho
Good info is exactly right - even if the OP decides it's not worth the trouble. Some of us 'outsiders' are still interested in doing this sort of thing. Out of the confusion comes enough information to learn what topologies work, what the switch timing requirements are and how to model everything. And I'm not in a big hurry to throw something together without adequate understanding (and watch it explode).

PCB layout is the least of my worries - I already design multi-GHz high efficiency (including switch mode) MMIC power amplifiers for a living so I know a thing or two about distributed networks.
Old 21st November 2009, 03:34 AM   #45
khalsa is offline khalsa  India
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to khalsa
Default class d

hi guys i want pcb desin this amp KhalsaAudioCenter@yahoo.com
Old 21st November 2009, 10:30 AM   #46
diyAudio Member

Default Pcb

Hello friend, would be very thankful to receive PCB if possible, my electronic address is foxeletronic@ibest.com.br.
Thankful!
Old 23rd November 2009, 03:41 PM   #47
diyAudio Member

dear sir
i want pcb desin this amp irs2092_6kw.my mail id pb_sound@rediff.com please send this address

thanks & regard
Old 23rd November 2009, 06:24 PM   #48
DJ_DUMY is offline DJ_DUMY  Romania
diyAudio Member

hi
I designed a PCB for this amplifier but I replace transistors with two driver circuits if you have something better please send to me at gabriel_seku@yahoo.com
Attached Files
File Type: pdf classDv1.pdf (77.4 KB, 2362 views)
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:03 PM   #49
diyAudio Member

Hello friend, which is the component driver, since it doesn't consist the name and I number, he/she also has capacitor and diode without reference. Thankful!
Old 24th November 2009, 12:18 AM   #50
Eva is offline Eva  Spain
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Eva
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_DUMY View Post
hi
I designed a PCB for this amplifier but I replace transistors with two driver circuits if you have something better please send to me at gabriel_seku@yahoo.com
How much current do you expect to obtain from this layout before fets and drivers start to fail for "obscure reasons"?

You have done a class AB layout with high parasitics.

Hide this!Advertise here!