upgrading the sonic impact t amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think you'd probably want to look at the TA 2022 which is 60 watts into 8 ohms. If you want something other than a kit, Hlly (which seems to be calling some of its products "Muse" instead of Hlly) has one. I think Pop Pulse still has a TA 2022 amp as well. I'd also look at the Virtue Audio One version 2 which should be about $300 (US).

I have a Hlly TA-2022 btw and am mostly happy with it, but have had some issues with the protection circuit being very finnicky, but also bought the amp for something like 180 delivered. (the protection circuit may be a good thing or may be a bad thing, hard to judge). fwiw I recently built a TA 2020 board up and was very surprised by the sound quality and volume with a pair of 8" 3 way speakers that are definitely below 90db efficiency.

I have noticed that there aren't a lot of people working with TA-2022's and the two companies that have offered completed amps with the chip both had issues with "noise" with their original implementation.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.