Sanyo/B&O Icepower 200AC Rev.D, schematic about rev. engin., not complete finished - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th March 2010, 11:39 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus2006 View Post
I would be nice I they'd at least answer to emails (even if they cannot help), or if they provide some kind of a service (for non-manufacturers) in Europe.
They probably won't. It seems that B&O ICEpower is mainly interested in doing business with giant companies like Nokia and Samsung.
Old 5th March 2010, 05:37 PM   #12
Nisbeth is offline Nisbeth  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Sincerely doubt it.

/U.
Old 8th March 2010, 09:23 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StigErik View Post
They probably won't. It seems that B&O ICEpower is mainly interested in doing business with giant companies like Nokia and Samsung.
Thanks for the info. I wish I were Nokia . Luckily, I was able to fix the module. The biggest problem was the luck of the schematic but I managed to do it.

Mark
Old 6th April 2010, 10:47 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Are there any lists, where I find all amplifier models where inside this B&O amp module?
Old 6th April 2010, 02:32 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiefbassuebertr View Post
Are there any lists, where I find all amplifier models where inside this B&O amp module?
Here is a partial list I found of ICEPower amps. I have no clue which ones utilize the 200AC though.

Acoustic Reality Acoustic Reality - Audiophile Digital High-End Amplifiers - Loudspeakers - HANDMADE IN DENMARK
eAR202

Axiom Audio http://www.axiomaudio.com/
A1400-8

BelCanto Bel Canto
e.One

Bertram http://www.audiokabel.dk/eng-main.htm

D-Sonic Magnum Series Amplifiers from D-Sonic
Magnum

Electronic Visionary Systems http://www.tweakaudio.com/
EVS-2

H2O Audio ICE H2O Audio
M250, M500

Jeff Rowland Jeff Rowland Design Group - Home
Model 501

Jjaz Audio JJAZ Danish High-End Audio

Midgard Audio Untitled Document

Murano-Audio http://www.murano-audio.com/
P500, P1000

NHT High End Speakers, Subwoofers & Home Stereo Equipment
Power2, Power5

PSAudio PS Audio - High-Performance Home Audio Equipment
GCA, GCMC, Trio A100

Red Dragon Audio Home

Rotel Home Theater System Surround Sound Amplifiers DVD Players - Rotel
1077 (7x100), 1092 (2x500)

Seymour AV Seymour AV | Ice Block amplifiers
Ice Block Amps

Wyred4Sound WYRED 4 SOUND
STI-500, STI-1000

Last edited by theAnonymous1; 6th April 2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 6th April 2010, 06:28 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Hi,

some time ago...ebay was flooded with Icepower Modules and now its difficult to get one. Last week a austrian seller sold several 250ASX2 modules for 299 Euro/pcs.

Today I had the chance to listen to ICEpower modules in comparison to Hypex UcD400HG, TI600 Module (US made) and NewClassD Modules - similar to a comparison I found on the net > for me Hypex and NewClassD kicks *** out of the ICEPower 250ASX2Modules.

So the subject ICEPower is over for me...too expensive for average ClassD performance. I will look out for the Hypex and TI-Class D modules.

Dont waste time with Icepower....not worth it. Hypex is very famous with audio studios and Musicians because of their good audio performance.

For people who baldy want ICEpower modules:
Go and buy a LD-Systems Revolver 12A active speaker (1 speaker) - they use a 125ASX2 modules with their mixing active module.....built out the Icepower module and sell the speaker corpse for 50 bucks on ebay. The speaker is avaible for 329-429 Euro in Europe. The smaller Revolver 10A active module uses the 50ASX2 modules and so on. The bigger Revolver 15A/18A use 250ASX2 as far I know. HAve fun with OEM-Icepower crap!

cheers

Last edited by DVBjunky; 6th April 2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 7th April 2010, 03:10 AM   #17
john65b is online now john65b  United States
diyAudio Member

No need to diss Icepower, as it is your opinion. I don't doubt the UCD400 sounds better than the ASC250. Try comparing the UCD180 against the ASC200. You may not have the same opinion.

I had the UCD400AD and liked it over the UCD180AD and ASC200 (bought four for $69 each - try buying a UCD this cheap), but now have the Icepower ASP1000. I was not expecting much from the ASP1000, but really surprised me. I will take an ASP1000 over the UCD400XX and day of the week.

Also, the Icepower ASP/ASC series has integral Switch Mode Power Supply was plug and play (no way to trip it up), while the UCD took building a whole power supply...bad power supply parts = bad power supply = bad sound.

Last edited by john65b; 7th April 2010 at 03:18 AM.
Old 7th April 2010, 12:39 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Hello,

I dont want to diss Icepower amps just I was "Blinded" by the hype about these amps and at least I woke up. The integrated SMPS is maybe fine but
the nacked 250ASX2 had a strong controlled bass but all other frequencies (mids, highs) very...well....just ok.

The sound stage was far more stable and balanced with UcD and much better by the new NewClassD modules.

As I know the ASX2 modules are better in audio performance than the ASC modules.

I was even participating in this thread by telling how to get Icepower modules :-) Someone shoot at ebay one LD-Systems Speaker for 100 bucks and was happy like a rabbit........50ASX2 modules for 100 bucks....if he sells the speaker corpse for 20 bucks.....he only spent 80 bucks for the latest module revision.

I just want to point out....ICEpower is just one of many and in DIY version not the best. I did listen to a Rotel Amp with Icepower technology but this was a completely different circuit in terms of schematics and circuits compared to a ASC. The Rotal was quite good.

cheers
Old 7th April 2010, 12:47 PM   #19
john65b is online now john65b  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I did listen to a Rotel Amp with Icepower technology but this was a completely different circuit in terms of schematics and circuits compared to a ASC. The Rotal was quite good.

I highly doubt the Icepower ASC200 in the Rotel was any different from the stock implementation of the ASC200. I have opened the Bel Canto S300 and found the same ASC200 with nothing changed.
The Rowland 501 has an input buffer added to a stock ASP1000 to increase the amps input impedance to 40k - if there's anything bad to say about the Icepower amps, including the ASP1000, is its low input impedance...limits the possibilities of a preamp...Tube preamps with output impedance over 1K are not going to match well, while most SS will do fine.

When you heard the Bad Icepower ASC200, it didn't happen to have a tube preamp in front? Pretty much the only thing that you can trip up is a wrong preamp. The UCD Amps have a much higher iinput impedance and will work well with any and all preamps...

Last edited by john65b; 7th April 2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 7th April 2010, 02:55 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Check out Welcome to CAD AUDIO DK

They usually carry one or two B&O ice power modules

Hide this!Advertise here!