Are these two Lepai amps actually the same?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Aside from the color of the box and the power supply, are these amps the same? They're both Lepai TA2020 amps, both have the blue LED knob rather than the older rainbow light.

In other words, they're both TA2020 amps, but is whatever else is included in the case the same?

I'm confused because one comes with a 12V/2A power supply, whereas the other comes with a 12V/5A power supply. I didn't realize these amps could handle more than 2.6A...

1 - the black case

2 - dark silver/green

If they're the same, excluding the color, I'll just buy the cheaper one since I already own a 13.5V/2.6A power supply.

Do you have any experience with these amps?

I already own a Lepai TA2020 and I'm thrilled with it, except for the fact that it seems to be dying! I get static/popping sounds from my speakers whenever I touch the amp. I know most here would open the sucker up and see what's going on, but I a have absolutely no idea how to do that sort of thing (zero experience modding), so I'm thinking I should buy another amp before this one dies.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.