what do you think about these gate drivers??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

What do you think about the Silabs Silabs Si841x series isolators (<10nsec propagation delay) plus the MAX 15024 Driver (<20nsec propagation delay, 4A peak)?
Or the Silab 8233/34 integrated solution (it has some more delay, like 50 nsec)?

Tamas Tako

Last edited:
Rick!

2.5us=0dB, 5ns=-54 dB, but the hearable part is ~12 dB lower (400kHz/20kHz, linear power distribution). Maybe 6 dB lower or higher, it doesn't matter, it's too much all the way.

I didn't care closed loop bandwidth. The gain of the closed loop (at ~10 kHz) is what counts. (It's a simplification, I know, but it doesn't worth the effort of the exact calculations.)

Tamás!

I think this specification can be misleading, they measured it with a single constant freq, but I'm quite sure that at different freqs (or pulse widths) the delay is different. (RF modulation freq is only 700 MHz, that's the source of my doubts.) I think this is the relevant specification:

"Precise timing (typical)
1.5 ns pulse width distortion"

But try it in a simple circuit! Maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.