speakon in DIY amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Brett.
Main reason is that I had to replace few of them that went faulty.
As it is spring loaded contact with small area ,I more like the binding post with greater area and force.
But that's just my opinion .

regards

Were they Neutrik? I can't imagine how they could break - they are very robust.

I like to use Neutrik connectors for everything. They are widely available, look great, are robust, well-made and all fit the same hole. They also sell for sensible prices. I think someone would have to provide pretty substantial evidence to make me want to change.

Since they are used commercially, surely the equipment used to record the music you listen to will have Neutrik connectors? Nuff said. :)

I bought some non-Neutrik femail Speakon connectors for cable (as Neutrik does not make this) ... and these where of a totally different build quality ... looks good, but I'm sure will not last half the time of the real stuff from Neutrik ....

But it would be very interesting to get some feedback on this from people like huberto75 who are using these connectors in PA equipment and sees the equipment for service...

Were they Neutrik? I can't imagine how they could break - they are very robust.

I like to use Neutrik connectors for everything. They are widely available, look great, are robust, well-made and all fit the same hole. They also sell for sensible prices. I think someone would have to provide pretty substantial evidence to make me want to change.
Agreed. I dunno how any reasonably sensible person could damage them, especially domestically. When I had for hire PA systems they used Speakons and the klutzes that hired the systems never managed to break one.

We use SpeakON's extensively at work. Literally thousands of them.
The only failures I've seen are the metal thumb tab breaking off in which case we just replace the shell. The center plastic aligning rod has also snapped off on occasion, but in 6 years we've seen maybe 10 like that.
I also have to give high marks to their PowerCon products and the OptiCon line. Fantastic connectors. We have three Broadway shows that are completely PowerCon for power distribution.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.