diyAudio (
-   Class D (
-   -   sony dav s-300 (

Deyan 7th October 2009 08:11 PM

sony dav s-300
First post in class D forum and sory for my bad english.I made a back loaded horn using fostex fe206e driver,so 96 db eficency is ther,now i look for amp.
Tube amp is too expensiv,so T-amp is something i can aford.
So the cvestion,i can buy sony dav s-300 for litle money,i look at schematic,and amp section is made of 3 ta2020-20 ic.What is the sound qvality
of this reciver,can it be compared to any of others t-amps.
Thanks in advance

aquapiranha 7th October 2009 11:43 PM

Hi Deyan. Your English is fine!

I too built a BLH using the FE206E ( the Sachiko) and I used them with both valve and tripath amps. I can recommend tripath without hesitation, though I have never come across the Sony amp you mention. I did use a Trends TA10.1, and also a friend brought his LM1875 chip-amp which sounded fabulous.

I hope whatever you buy that you enjoy it.

Deyan 8th October 2009 12:31 AM

Hi Steve
Yes i know about Trends 10.1,41hz amp6basic,sure pcb with 2024ic,but problem is that i cant buy them from Serbia,and this Sony is here,the guy is asking 80eur. for amp:mad:(its a 5.1 reciver with dvd pleyer,all in one).For that money
i can buy two 41hz amp6basic,or 4 from sureelectronics,so i realy nid to know
what is the sound quality of that sony,especialy in stereo:(.
I built blh for fostex 208sigma driver and sounds fantastic:rolleyes:.

aquapiranha 8th October 2009 12:39 AM

Deyan I am sorry I cannot help you with the Sony. I will be building a 4 channel amp soon with the Sure 4 X 100W board, which is a very good price considering.
you can always sell the Sony later if you do not like it or find something better.