TA2020 PS mods

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I see a modder here http://ta2020.huuryuu.com/index_e.html has supplied pins 2 & 8 with external 5V supply & reported good results - has anybody tried this or separate supplies to the other PS pins & what results?:
Pin 2 – Digital 5VDC
Pin 8 – Analog 5VDC
Pin 3,7,16 – Analog Ground
Pin 19,28 – Power ground
Pin 20 – Digital Ground
Pin 22,25 – Supply Pin for High Current Bridges 13.5V
Pin 27 – Analog 13.5V

I haven't, but like you I'm very interested in hearing if others have and what results they've achieved.

I'm a big fan of the TA2020 chip and have owned a couple of amps based on it. I'd certainly be willing to undertake this mod if it yields noticable benefits.

Oh- speaking of power supply mods, had you considered using a seperate supply for pin 27 (analog 13.5VDC) instead of using the same supply that feeds both VDD1 & VDD2?

I'm not sure this would make any difference to the amps performance, but it's a thought that crossed my mind. Maybe one of the more knowledgable forum members can lend their opinion?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.