Hypex switching power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear Friends,

I'm gonna go fully active, 3-ways. I plan to use two UCD 400 for basses (right and left channel), and 4 UCD180HG (right and left, mid and highs).

Hypex produces now switching power supplies. In terms of space, efficiency and costs these psu are very interesting. But before to seriously buy them I would like to have feedbacks about their sound.

I searched trough the older post but I couldn't find a detailed review, a comparison between hos these modules sound with linear psu vs switching psu.

Can anybody point me to a thread which addresses these issue? Otherwise, is there anybody out there willing to share listening experiences with me?

Best Wishes
Pierre

I'm currently developing a Class-D project based on the SMPS180 power supply. The power supply is a great device that has a lot of goodies built in to ensure a clean power source with a lot of protection built around it.

After initial testing, the power supply it seems to be capable of everything the datasheet promises. As the project comes together I'll post more info about the supply. For the time being if any of you have any more specific questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.