MTX 6500D with problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So this is what I'm working with. I originally used this amp for a year and one day it quit. Then it would power up and play for 5 or so seconds and then quit again. So I put the board on my bench. Hooked to an o-scope, put in a signal and noticed that it would still only output for 5 seconds then output went dead. The power supply was still pulling about 1.5 amps, so I think it is functioning correctly.

So I pulled the board out and resoldered all joints that looked like they got hot. I then powered the amp up and had no output. Left it on for about 10 minutes and it started to work. Left it on for about 20 minutes and my output died along with my LED (first time led shut off). Now my output has 60V on it continuous and amp is pulling 14 amps continuous. I'm guessing I fried the output FETS. ordered new ones. Anything else that could cause this problem while I wait for FETS to ship?

Thanks!
Kyle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.