Class D amplifier needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I'm an "old" Hi-Fi fanatic, but mainly analog guy.
I built several solid state and tube analog amplfiers in the past.
Currently I'm in the need to find a very cheap and fast to implement class D power amplifier.
I need it for my job, I have to integrate an audio amplifier into one of our devices (an industrial automated oven).
The amplifier will amplify (what else should an amplifier do?) the audio signal coming out from an embedded Windows CE terminal (soundcard line out).
I need about 5W RMS.
The only power supply I have available into the device is a 24V source.
I could lower the 24V down to 12V, or any other voltage below 24V, but I don't want to waste power and money on it.
Even the idea to use a class D amplifier, instead of a class AB or B one is to keep the disspated power as low as we can: the space inside the device is not too much, and I already have some problems to keep the internal temperature within limits.

So, my request is for a easy to build class D amplfier, the best would be with a single chip, powered at 24V and able to put out not more than 5W RMS on a 4 or 8 Ohm load (I have available both the loudspeakers).

Thank you in advance.

Ciao,
Giovanni

There is many choises outhere for Class D chip amps in the power range you need.Go to DIGIKEY website for example and look for amplifiers -> class D ->mono amps.Choose according to your requirements for features,power,load,package,supply voltage range and last but not least-price
For example LM48511SQ ,LM4668,MAX9713 should do the job.

There should be several 5W chips available on the websites of TI, Maxim and the like, just beware that a 5W audio amplifier chip will most likely not be able to sustain 5W output with a sine/noise signal for more than around 30-300 secs due to thermal limitations. If you need something that will work in an industrial application you probably need to look at chips in the 15-25W range.

/U.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.