diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Class D (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/)
-   -   Tiny 6x300W amp (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/150371-tiny-6x300w-amp.html)

berni8k 16th August 2009 09:16 AM

Tiny 6x300W amp

2 Attachment(s)
When i looked at my old TAS5630 board i tought of putting all 3 amps on to a single board and it worked.

This is the result a 6x300W amp on only a 100x160 single layer board. For the power for all the amps will be distributed off a big busbar going on the bottom on the board (Shown in blue) As i find that the best way of feeding the power to all of the powerful amps as the total power is a ridiculous 1800W (over 35A from 50V rail). Even tho i never plan to run it even close to that (Its mainly headroom and to keep it cold) I like to make what i design run well at top specs even tho i dont need it to.

Mounting holes for the board and heat sink will come later.

So what do you guys think about the board? See space for improvements?

h_a 17th August 2009 01:36 PM

I didn't know this chip and just had a short look at its datasheet; if you look at the THD vs. power plot you'll find that a more realistic rating is 100W for this amp. The huge power figures are quoted at 10% THD which is only a number and has no connection to reality (that clipping can fry your tweeters). More reasonable is 1% THD IMHO.

So you don't have to worry too much about your bus bar ;)

Certainly clean wiring is always a good thing.

Have fun, Hannes

berni8k 17th August 2009 03:47 PM

Yeah i know the distortion goes up at those levels and as i sead i dont plan to use it even close to max its mainly headroom and to keep it cold. The supply still have to be good for a D class.

h_a 17th August 2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

to keep it cold
With this ClassD amp you certainly will ;)

If it's really 85% efficient, the 15W/channel power dissipation are really easy to handle - and that's at full power (100W).

Have fun, Hannes

berni8k 17th August 2009 04:23 PM

Yup thats why i using this chip,a lot of other chips from Texas use higher Rds mosfets that make it heat considerably more.

Il probably get this thing etched in a few days

sexya 17th August 2009 04:27 PM

INDuctors

hiii
sexy design i would say... hmmm i m interested in CLass d.. Got a few samples... not the same chip though... its tooooooooo high power for me .. ( i love it but >... might get kicked by the landlord)
anyways i have a small baby TPA3122 & TPA3123... i not sure as to how to make the Inductors... i Dont have the LCR mEtter in BOmbay - inida... it a rare comodity in this country...... it would be a great help if you could help me in making 22uH / 4amps at 1khz i do have some ring ferrite core.. all would need how many turns and what diameter of wier to use ....
thanks

berni8k 17th August 2009 04:30 PM

One thing the chips from Texas work at 300Khz

As for the inductors they should work on a 2cm diameter toroid with around 24 to 28 turns

sexya 17th August 2009 05:04 PM

inductor

hii
thanks for that tip. but i m concerend of the wire gauge... and secondly i read some where that the inductors affect the output as in its level... if its not right value you wont get its output to drve teh speaker to actuall power...
how true is it

berni8k 17th August 2009 05:07 PM

Well id use something like 1-2 mm2 wire on it. Oh and the thing is if you make a too big inductor its going to attenuate the high freqencys from the audio signal and that is a bad thing, A too small inductor will make a high idle current and dissipate more idle power in to the speaker while producing a lot of EMI.

sexya 17th August 2009 05:26 PM

hii

hey my gmail id is adityamody@gmail.com ... can we chat up