AMP7 start to finish

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
oh no, its know core, just BIG one, so I can have low freq, so that I max out 1mm wires on it... it has 6 turn primary and 20 some on secondary...its unregulated, just voltage limited... don't want to kill IC on amps

I would normaly go higher with freq. but since core is 63mmOD/36mmIN and 25mm high, with a lot of wire for primary and secondary, I have pretty damn rock hard output voltage, I only tested it for about 300w or so, since my moded PC supply wasn't to happy with 25A+ for any long period of time :)
Only battery could give me more, but that will be in car, since I don't really care how strong supply is, as long as it can hold voltage up for the amps to blast, that's fine by me

Almost there

Yep yep, I am almost done, everything fine so far, here are few pictures

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

oh and yes, its going to be controlled by microcontroller
Now I am waiting for PICKIT 2 to be available, I have already learned and done program for pic12f675, just need to program it and put is somewhere

Last edited:
Ok so, since I have already posted picture of heatsink (part of case) here, all end it also here. So today I finished wiring all of the amp, minus the output from amp's to case output terminals, I'll do that soon.. Amp's are both working, PIC is doing its job, and man, do they have some nasty power to give and all this was with current limited 130w supply, this should be insane in car with say, 80A fuse :D

I designed my own board now, or actually, me and a friend did...

Attachments

• PCB Powerboard small SILK.pdf
    181.3 KB · Views: 132
  • P1010176b.JPG
    P1010176b.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 256
Ok so... I got 3 pictures, not the best I could take, but will have to do for now, since camera died on me (is in process of ...)

If somebody will want more, I try to find some other way of taking picture...

P1010017.jpg

Taken from power and output side

P1010016.jpg

From the side...

P1010018.jpg

Output...

There are some changes that will come at a later date, but now itsmore of a test time, see what everything works every single time, for now it is...
Still need to put(and change) heatsink on driver IC's and I'll probably change from resistive load to get some min duty cycle from smps, to HV buck converters, that will have power from output of smps, so that there won't be heat dissapated in resistor network

well, hmm... apart from old, meaning one that is not in use now, control board, I don't have much to show, its too simple, at least for me. I did this one out of my head.

But not a problem, it really is that simple

here I will give you a link to my page
-=[ FirstClass :: AMP7 Supply ]=-

There you can see the board... one thing you don't see, coz it had to be added later, when board done is wires on output, to link output diods in right way with an X

Control board can be any IC you like, all the pins that go to main board are seen where they are in my case. There are 2 gate pins, few gnd pins, remote pins and power for control board pins. Note that board could be far smaller, but it just happens that amp are this big, so was no point in making small supply then.

Since amp went through major change, site wasn't updated yet, but you can see it here

Last edited:
That looks great Luka!! I just love the AMP2, I suppose that one will drive the upper range frequencies and the AMP7 the lower?
indeed, not 100% sure, but the idea what this:
AMP7 drive 6x 6.5" (16cm), 8R speakers, 3 in || per channel for low-mid, and then AMP2 for any mid or fullrange speakers (this part I don't know still, coz it depends if I will use this amp and another 4ch amp that will drive highs)
Do note that I will have active setup, no passive crossovers
This amp will have OVER the top power, but better that then not

YouTube - ‪Door speakers for next car heh‬‏

A little vid of amp7 bridge driving almost 6R worth of speakers on only 130w limited current supply (goes to show that suppy with amp7 has so much stored power, that it still outputed a lot of power). This 6 speakers by feeling did there about 130-140dB, ear protection was a must and camera did attenuate as much it could, I mean it was crazy loud
You felt music on the chest!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.