which volume-pot for amp D?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bought this 50k SMD stepped attenuator on eBay

I bought a 50k log stepped attenuator from "tube_buyer" on eBay, and installed it on my Virtue Two Class D integrated amp. It has a nice solid feel and takes up very little space. It has the same footprint as a Noble or PEC pot. This little attenuator made a significant improvement in the sound quality over the stock volume pot in terms of transparency and improved frequency response. For $10 +$8 shipping, it was a great investment.

Hi Rhing,

I bought a 50k log stepped attenuator from "tube_buyer" on eBay, and installed it on my Virtue Two Class D integrated amp. It has a nice solid feel and takes up very little space. It has the same footprint as a Noble or PEC pot. This little attenuator made a significant improvement in the sound quality over the stock volume pot in terms of transparency and improved frequency response. For $10 +$8 shipping, it was a great investment.

That sounds quite interesting. Is it the same as this:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DACT-Type-21...0?hash=item1c0bacc858&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

I could not find "tube_buyer".

cheers,
col.

Hi Col,

It looks like the same SMD stepped attenuator to me. These guys could be the same sellers under different names. Their ratings are identical.

Here's a link to tube-buyer's stepped attenuators and pots on eBay:

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Parts-and-Audio_Potentiometer-Volume-Control_W0QQ_fsubZ173635119QQ_sidZ40419QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

I just soldered some stripped solid core hook-up wire segments to the pads on each PCB of the stepped attenuator to create pins for soldering to my Virtue Two's PCB thru-holes where the stock volume pot was connected.

No pops, static or any noises from my unit. It sounds great.

Re: Bought this 50k SMD stepped attenuator on eBay

rhing said:

is this the one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SMT-Resistor-St...2122&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262#ht_2437wt_754

plan on trying one.

gychang

Attachments

• p1000015.jpg
    p1000015.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 254
gychang,

That's the one!

I'm listening to my Virtue Two now with the stepped attenuator, and the tone is richer with a fuller bass. For 21-steps, the resistor values of each step were selected for nice control of the volume at low and high levels. The balance is really good providing a better image and soundstage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.