5.1 amplifier for computer audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First applogize for admins if i put it in the wrong sub-forum and perhaps there is similar question around. but i've searched around but still can't find it. perhaps someone here can point me to somewhere.

well, here goes...
I am a total nuub in this audio hobby. all i have ever manage to make is a 40x40 w stereo power amp from a kit, connected to 2 x 3way crossover for my pc audio. it only been 3 weeks or so but i don't like the output if i need to watch dvds with surround capability.

so i want to upgrade the amp *grin*. making it 5.1 surround capable. or watever it called... ^_^

noticing the soundcard from my pc has 3 output which is Front L/R + Rear L/R and a Sub/Center output so i m guessing i might need a 3 input power amp to.

the question is, could i build this new amp using 2 stereo power amp kits (for front and rear channel) + 1 mono power amp kit (for center output) and 1 subwoofer amplifier kit and combined it in a single container using one power supply? coz i lack of knowledge to build my own pcb, and can't find those who sell 5.1 kit in my town.

and do i need to apply any crossover anywhere among it?

i have at my disposal a 80 watt subwoofer, 2 tweeter, 4 fullrange speakers.

thanks before.

Well I found a 6 ch amp build... but it was huge... wow... can't do that complicated works with my skill...i might burn my self right away....
:dead:

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=761706

does anyone know any of 6 ch amp that was build in a single pcb? i was thinking what is inside that 5.1 speaker system? the main unit doesn't seems as huge as that one on that link i mentioned...

That MSI Diva motherboard always interested me, unfortunately i tend to always want to keep my components separate. When it comes time to upgrade your motherboard you lose out on that awesome built-in 5.1 amp!

To the original poster: i'm not sure if you saw this yet, but a fellow forum member is selling these 6 channel tripath amps on ebay. Check out the specs and read the description carefully to see if it can apply to your situation: http://cgi.ebay.com/Tripath-3-X-TA2020-PCB-6-Channel-with-intergrated-SMPS_W0QQitemZ250430842678

Good luck either way.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.