First attempt, basics doubts - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th July 2009, 06:19 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default First attempt, basics doubts

I have some time just reading other people questions whit the intention to learn something, i recently get a working oscilloscope and finish my third world lab, i make a integrator and works but now i need to bother some persons.

1.- what software you recomend me to simulate ir2011, irs2092 and he is lighter better.

2.- to start is good idea to make triangle source a 14060 with a integrator(like DJLeco does) or go to comparator side making a multivibrator astable.

3.- Is triangle right and not a sawtooth?

I cant get the irs2092 but maybe in some weeks. For that y like to start with this semi-discrete (is correct this term?) i dont want to reinvent the wheel y only want to get little of experience.

I start with this:

+/- 45V 5A

IR2110

IRFP260 ( i cant get 4227)

the next days y go making the parts and upload the data with the hope you make your opinion.

Thanks for your time.
Old 9th July 2009, 09:00 AM   #2
nitrate is offline nitrate  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I've recently started experimenting with IRFP260 fet's to see if they are gonna be any good for classD application. They are nearly undestructable, very rugged devices and so far i have had realative succsess at low freq classD ( 250 KHz ). I'm looking at 500KHz now, and although they work the body diode is starting to show in terms of switching noise.

Hope you find this usefull info.

Leigh
Old 9th July 2009, 03:36 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Of course is usefull and the idea is in low frecuency 100khz/200khz i will try to make the oscilator to define the frec.
Old 12th July 2009, 11:33 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Im triying to make a triangular signal 120khz but my osciloscope is out of time calibration the volt/div is fine, i belive this signal is ok because is made in a protoboard, i have this:

Click the image to open in full size.

now i can't make the comparison with a 100hz sine wave with a lm311 i have this:

im looking for a example of how make this part of the compare and have a pwm out and later the invert pwm signal but cant find this in the forum archive and is a quite large i have some days looking but not luck.

some help is needed like a link or schematic
Old 13th July 2009, 11:14 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

ok, i found the part i wanted Compare Example now i try to do somenthing.
Old 14th July 2009, 08:37 AM   #6
Pafi is offline Pafi  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Quote:
now i can't make the comparison with a 100hz sine wave with a lm311 i have this:
This shows that low-to-high output transition is slow. Your pull-up resistor must be too high. Decrease it! (To 500 ohm.)
Old 15th July 2009, 08:44 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

i change the R for a 470 and i think is ok now:

i try to make a PCB with in DIP package... i don get smd too easy.
will see what happens.
Old 15th July 2009, 10:09 PM   #8
Pafi is offline Pafi  Hungary
diyAudio Member

ivan_mzr!

I think you don't use 1:10 probe, this because scope input capacitance is very high, this is the reason why low-to high transition is sooo slow. Without this capacitance it must be much faster. If you have a 1:10 probe, then always use it, whenever it's possible!
Old 16th July 2009, 01:08 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

this is with x10:

Old 20th July 2009, 07:30 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Is good idea buy a Owon oscilloscope? right now im using hung chang analog oscilloscope.

PDS5022 25Mhz 100MS/s and have some normal automatic measurements
owon

because i see some people use a 100Mhz but i can get one like that PDS cost $325 and is new you can see many on ebay better and used but i want a new one

Hide this!Advertise here!