First attempt, basics doubts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have some time just reading other people questions whit the intention to learn something, i recently get a working oscilloscope and finish my third world lab, i make a integrator and works but now i need to bother some persons.

1.- what software you recomend me to simulate ir2011, irs2092 and he is lighter better.

2.- to start is good idea to make triangle source a 14060 with a integrator(like DJLeco does) or go to comparator side making a multivibrator astable.

3.- Is triangle right and not a sawtooth?

I cant get the irs2092 but maybe in some weeks. For that y like to start with this semi-discrete (is correct this term?) i dont want to reinvent the wheel y only want to get little of experience.

I start with this:

+/- 45V 5A

IR2110

IRFP260 ( i cant get 4227)

the next days y go making the parts and upload the data with the hope you make your opinion.

Thanks for your time.

I've recently started experimenting with IRFP260 fet's to see if they are gonna be any good for classD application. They are nearly undestructable, very rugged devices and so far i have had realative succsess at low freq classD ( 250 KHz ). I'm looking at 500KHz now, and although they work the body diode is starting to show in terms of switching noise.

Hope you find this usefull info.

Leigh

Im triying to make a triangular signal 120khz but my osciloscope is out of time calibration the volt/div is fine, i belive this signal is ok because is made in a protoboard, i have this:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

now i can't make the comparison with a 100hz sine wave with a lm311 i have this:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

im looking for a example of how make this part of the compare and have a pwm out and later the invert pwm signal but cant find this in the forum archive and is a quite large i have some days looking but not luck.

some help is needed like a link or schematic

Is good idea buy a Owon oscilloscope? right now im using hung chang analog oscilloscope.

PDS5022 25Mhz 100MS/s and have some normal automatic measurements
owon

because i see some people use a 100Mhz but i can get one like that PDS cost $325 and is new you can see many on ebay better and used but i want a new one

You should get something capable of showing at least 40Mhz to 60Mhz properly. In class D amplifiers there may be some stuff happening up to 100Mhz

Digital only oscilloscopes lose very quickly the ability to show anything above the rated frequency. On the other hand, a 40Mhz analog oscilloscope can usually show 100Mhz, attenuated and with some phase lag, but if there is a HF parasitic oscillation, at least you can notice it's there (but not with digital ones, unless they have enough bandwidth).

Also, CRT analog oscilloscopes display an "envelope" shade when a periodic waveform exhibits some changes from one period to another (like in a class D amp), but digital LCD ones need a special mode to do so, otherwise they produce an unstable picture, and lower cost ones may not include it. On the other hand, digital storage ones may produce a stable picture in situations where analog ones won't usually be able to do so.

I own a 40Mhz 100Ms/s Hameg that has both analog and digital storage operating modes. In order to see waveforms with the level of detail that I like, I need to use one or mode or another, depending on the kind of waveform and the trigger source.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.