Tl494

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have found on russian forums that they are building class D amps on this IC ,have anyone do something on it? i want to to my first D class amp and i'm looking for cheaper components :D ,any comments? or can you propose something?i don't need big power, it's for experiments and understanding class D amps

thanks!!!

You can make self oscillating class D with just comparators (LM311, LM319, TL3016) and optionally op-amps (for THD reduction).

The heart of the high performance class D amplifier in which I'm currently working (commercial project for PA) is just a comparator and a quad op-amp.

Eva said:
You can make self oscillating class D with just comparators (LM311, LM319, TL3016) and optionally op-amps (for THD reduction).

The heart of the high performance class D amplifier in which I'm currently working (commercial project for PA) is just a comparator and a quad op-amp.

Also OUTPUT coil(s) too, alot of amplifiers failing or getting hot because improperly output coil(s) used.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.