Car Truepath and AMP15 finally finished!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finally have my car audio up to the desired level! With a little chopping and upgrading pieces of old commercial boards for the SMPS power supply section. A little grinding got rid of the class AB section and left over a quite nice SG3525 based SMPS that creates quite high dual supply voltages at quite high current rating. Nice thing it comes with a remote wire! :)

To prevent me from crossposting all of it here's a link to a thread I've started on the 41hz.com forum:

http://41hz.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2652

Just wanted to share it on this international and widespread forum to show it can be done pretty easy and at pretty low cost. And it's of course nice to experiment with a high power converter...

Here's what it's basically about:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And the AMP15:

The power supply I scavenged from an old pioneer amp:

Here upgraded with more secondary windings on the transformer to get 2x40Vdc instead of 2x28Vdc, I also replaced the old caps and added a few, placed the fets up straight to be able to bolt them down in the new casing etc. etc.

I have an AMP7 coming up:

AMP7 and the dual supply together...

Such a nice amp!

Here's what the stock version looks like:

I am going on a trip next month and am in need of some funds. I'm leaving the end of this week (the 8th of august) I decided to sell the Truepath amp for just the price of the material as an offer that stands for this one week only!

230Eur.

I accept Paypal.

Price is ex. shipping, but the amp is not extremely heavy...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.