imPULSE D200 class D amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have anybody listened to this amp?It has ballanced input , 0.075% harmonic distorsion and messures 63x65x36mm. incl. heatsink. Supply +- 30 V. I have their SMPS. and it´s working fine.I have got a good support from Red Rocks,wery fast delivery,and replys of my questions.

D200 listening experience

I own four of the D200 modules plus two SMPS. The quality of the built is outstanding with most of the capacitors rated at 105°C and extensive use of SMD high quality parts.
The amps are dead silent with speakers rated 90-91db/watt. I added a capacitor reservoir of about 20mF/rail between the amps and the SMPS and it is really worth the investment: the soundstage opens considerably and the low frequency range tightens.
In general, dynamics is the strongest point of this amp with explosive bass, when needed. The treble is very detailed but with no harsh although not as liquid as a vacuum tube (SE class A+) amp: definitely, the D200 has some solid state timbre but, I would say, with "rounded edges".
In sum, I like this amp very very much... definitely worth the money!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.