Tripath RB-TA2024 Board Q's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I purchased three of these boards of arjen. I have been reading the tech paper trying to learn more about these boards and came across this comment about the RB (reference board) (which is different than the EB, eval board)

"Warning:
The intended purpose of the RB-TA2024-01 is to show a minimum footprint application for TA2024 and its associated components. Though it is a fully functional design, it is NOT intended to be used as a standalone amplifier product. For final product application, please consult the Power Dissipation section in the TA2024 datasheet for necessary thermal requirements."

Did anyone mod the board to take care of this? Does it just need more robust heatsinking?

As for mods to this board, I read Justbalir's site and am going to fix the input filter caps, I pan on replacing the lytics with some Nichicon HE's , has anyone done other cool things to this board?
I plan on using a AMB Labs Sigma11 for the PSU.

Here is the PDF for the RB Board RB-TA2024-01

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.