Hypex UcD AS2.100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The standalone will use the same USBdac, the problem is that Windows does a standard conversion to the 44,1kHz.
And there is no USBdac chip available (as far as I know) with drivers that are able to prevent windows from downsampling the signal.

I think, that is not correct.
I could load my DAC with 96 kHz with HiRes-Soundfile.
The Lineage is:
FLAC 24/96 -> WinAmp -> USB -> Terratec USB-Soundcard -> DAC

reins

The prelim manual of psc2.400 says that typical input voltage is 18v. Is this plate amp compatible with balanced consumer level? ...Thanks

The manual says input level is +18dBu max. This is to meet the professional standard but you can use it with lower signals because volume is controlled by the dsp.
But the PSC2 is designed so that you could apply unbalanced signals an still use the ADC balanced.

.......there is no USBdac chip available (as far as I know) with drivers that are able to prevent windows from downsampling the signal.

It's possible with the TAS1020 USB streaming controller and custom firmware. Ayre, Wavelength, and dCS transfer up to 192kHz 24-bit in asynchronous mode. The TAS1020 is now listed as obsolete, but I assume it is also possible with the TUSB3200. Have not checked though.

It's possible with the TAS1020 USB streaming controller and custom firmware. Ayre, Wavelength, and dCS transfer up to 192kHz 24-bit in asynchronous mode. The TAS1020 is now listed as obsolete, but I assume it is also possible with the TUSB3200. Have not checked though.

I have been in contact for getting a licence in the past, however they were asking pretty much and we will not sell thousands of these modules.

When we will release our high end DSP platform, we will consider this again.

Jan-Peter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.