Hypex UcD AS2.100 - Page 43 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st July 2013, 09:42 AM   #421
Defo is offline Defo  Norway
diyAudio Member

Will this be an issue when using one module for woofers, and another normal amp for tweeters crossed over by a miniDSP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyAchim View Post
Hi Matthijs,

I don't know - I was just wondering what caused that strange phenomenon of dispersed sound location the reviewer experienced.

I will only be able to check for myself in the coming weeks, when I will be building a system with 2 AS2.100s using Manger Schallwandlers as fullranges from roundabout 300 Hz upwards. These drivers will certainly reveal if the AS2s can produce focussed imaging or not...

I have also found a DIY report using ONE AS2 in stereo configuration and a fullrange driver being VERY ENTHUSIASTIC about the focused imaging.

I assume that good image focussing is dependent on both channels having perfect time-alignment. In studio work, when using several independent digital processors, using a masterclock and synching the devices (mostly BNC-connection) is mandatory in order to have sample-perfect processing across the units. Without masterclock, the system tends to smear the sound... And the SPDIF connection between two AS2s is no good provider of stable clocking.

That's why I asked if analog in is sort of a roundabout, like just letting everything go its route timewise instead of introducing SPDIF-related jitter ...

I am curious to see how that works out with my AS2s. I will try both analog and digital.

Further down the road, once your long-awaited multichannel DSP becomes available, there will be an alternative. For now I went for the all-inclusive package...

Thanks,
Achim
Old 1st July 2013, 11:20 AM   #422
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defo View Post
Will this be an issue when using one module for woofers, and another normal amp for tweeters crossed over by a miniDSP?
Then you are having two unsynched DSPs from different vendors doing their thing, with two different processing delays etc. - doesn't sound especially promising to me...

I personally have now gone from DSP crossovers (via AS2.100) to passive line level crossover. Will probably never use DSP again.

Cheers,
Achim
Old 8th July 2013, 11:20 AM   #423
diyAudio Member

Default AS2.100 + Filter Design

Hi,

I don't understand how Filter Design is calculating the frequency response from the impulse response. To figure it out, I generated the impulse response for a low pass 1. order (y(t) = e^(-t/tau), where tau = 1/(2*pi*f)) for f1=100Hz and f2=1000Hz. When I load these impulse responses in Filter Design, the frequency response looks OK (-3db @ 100Hz/1000Hz is correct). But the 100Hz low pass has an offset of ~+12db and the 1000Hz low pass ~+1db. How can I control the offset? Normalizing the impulse response didn't help. Thanks for your help.

regards
Sebastian
Old 10th September 2013, 10:14 AM   #424
diyAudio Member

Hi Matthijs / Jan-Peter can the USB audio input on the AS2.100 be fed from a Raspberry Pi?

Last edited by smallangryboy; 10th September 2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old 18th September 2013, 02:15 PM   #425
diyAudio Member

Have anyone had any luck with using two of these modules in a stereo setup?
I'm really tempted to do this, but remain sceptical due to the issues with soundstage described here in this thread...
Old 19th September 2013, 08:07 AM   #426
aryysy is offline aryysy  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Have anyone had any luck with using two of these modules in a stereo setup?
I'm really tempted to do this, but remain sceptical due to the issues with soundstage described here in this thread...
Hi Defo

I have 2x AS2.100d in my stereo setup. I have truly no issues with soundstage or jitter or anything described in some previous posts.

My setup speakers contains
as2.100d
seas excel millenium tweeters
seas excel 6 woofers (cant remember model)
LINN k400 as interior wiring.
Playing directly from PC using SPDIF digital input.
Tv and other inputs through analog input.

Click the image to open in full size.

Room is acoustically in pretty good condition. I have some acoustic treatment done.
Old 19th September 2013, 01:07 PM   #427
diyAudio Member

Great to hear! Couple of questions:

How do you control on/off and volume of the modules?
Does the DSP offer LR8 (48 db/octave) filters, or is it max LR24 (24 db/octave)?
Old 19th September 2013, 01:09 PM   #428
OllBoll is offline OllBoll  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Great to hear! Couple of questions:

How do you control on/off and volume of the modules?
Does the DSP offer LR8 (48 db/octave) filters, or is it max LR24 (24 db/octave)?
They offer both, to do them you cascade 12 dB filters.
Old 19th September 2013, 01:19 PM   #429
aryysy is offline aryysy  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllBoll View Post
They offer both, to do them you cascade 12 dB filters.
Hi

both touchpanel & control panel have ir sensor.

i have logitech harmony one as remote.

with remote i can do following:

turn amps on & off
Change input
Change Volume
Mute

But (correct if wrong) i think this can be used directly with modules...
One-for-All | Universal Electronics

Hide this!Advertise here!