Hypex UcD AS2.100 - Page 33 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th July 2011, 08:49 AM   #321
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs_Hypex View Post
What load will you use in bridge mode?
Hi Matthijs,

Thanks for the reply. I just discovered the bridged setup in the manual and also read the page 28 of this thread. Sorry!

I will use one Beyma 12BR70 per module which has 8ohms.
Old 19th July 2011, 10:54 AM   #322
diyAudio Member

Me again.

I tried the configuration like discribed, but the modules both show up as Master. What am I doing wrong?
Old 19th July 2011, 04:28 PM   #323
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by der_yeti View Post
What am I doing wrong?
It's removing the control panel...
Old 3rd September 2011, 04:12 PM   #324
Defo is offline Defo  Norway
diyAudio Member

I can't seem to get any audio out of my unit...

I've done everything right according to the manual, and I like to think im no idiot with electronics.. I'm using the analog input, and I've forced the input in the control software.

When I touch the other end of the analog cable connected to the amplifier I should get a buzzing noice, but that doesnt happen.

There is signal to the drivers for sure, since there is a very low amount of backround when I put my ear right next to them.

Any ideas what might be wrong?
Old 5th September 2011, 01:04 PM   #325
diyAudio Member

Default volume is very low at first startup. Have you pressed vol+ _many_ times on the control panel PCB?
Old 9th September 2011, 09:59 PM   #326
Henkjan is offline Henkjan  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

and put in a "unity" filter in the filter designer program
Old 1st October 2011, 11:45 AM   #327
diyAudio Member

I am getting towards the end of a 3 way project using two AS2.100 Digital units and separate plate amps for the bass woofers. I have managed to configure the AS2.100 units correctly but I have had a few issues, some of which are ongoing.

Firstly, I was unable to connect to the AS2.100 units from my Macbook Pro running Windows 7 64 through Bootcamp. The software runs, but saving of filter settings doesn't appear to work. Attempting to access the settings page hangs the software.

I then went to another old laptop running XP professional. I was able to connect to the AS2.100 units, create filters and load them. Saving of filters didn't work on this platform either, and nor did the settings page. I'm using the current 2.3 version of the software.

I'm very happy with the sound and they can be made to work, but I was wondering if anyone has found a way around the saving issue, as it's pretty inconvenient to recreate the filters every time I want to tweak the speakers. Or am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?

Regards,

Tom
Old 15th October 2011, 02:55 AM   #328
diyAudio Member

Just to let users know, I talked through the issues above with supports at hypex and you can get around the saving issue if you make sure you are physically plugged into an AS2.100 when you first create your filters. After that you don't need to be plugged in.

Also, if you're having trouble getting to the settings page, just make sure you're doing your measurements at 48kHz. That's all you can really change through settings really, and it's probably just best to measure at that sample rate.

I still haven't had any luck with connecting from my macbook running Win7 64 through bootcamp, but this probably has to do with my laptop more than anything else. I'm using an ancient HP (XPSP3 32bit) laptop to connect and that works fine

I am really impressed and happy with the AS2.100s. I've made many changes to my crossover settings and have been able to tune my speakers very nicely to my tastes. It does allow easy tweaking and this has meant weekly (sometimes daily) adjustments to the filters, and the permanent presence of a measurement microphone and stand in my living room
Old 15th October 2011, 10:15 AM   #329
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonkius View Post
Default volume is very low at first startup. Have you pressed vol+ _many_ times on the control panel PCB?
I've set up the AS2.100 without the keypad, because I really dont need it. It seems however that this is not possible, as the input selections and volume settings programmed with the HFD software is not saved for the next power-up. When the unit is powered off with the power switch, all settings go back to default, meaning there is no sound.... According to Hypex support, saving of the settings is done only when the unit is placed in standby with the remote keypad.

I have asked Hypex to change this, so that input selection and volume is saved also when they are set with the HFD software.
Old 15th October 2011, 10:18 AM   #330
diyAudio Member

I'd like to add that the unit (when it finally works... the HFD is a bit buggy), sounds really good. Fabulous performance for a very low price tag I think.

Hide this!Advertise here!