Hypex UcD AS2.100 - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2009, 04:22 PM   #21
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: -
Quote:
Originally posted by ds23man
JP,

I'm running XP pro, it is not a big problem if you know it exists. It would be frustrating if you made a lot of effort creating a filter design and you minimize the window to read an incoming email and then discover all your work is in the dustbin because you can't save it before closing the software.

Regards,

Gerhard
Ok, understandable.

I have also tried it on another pc with Windows XP PRo, and also none problem....

We will check this on other PC in the office tomorrow.

Regards,

Jan-Peter
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 05:00 PM   #22
ds23man is offline ds23man  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
JP,

I have a question about the trigger signal between the modules, is it bi-directional or one way? Is it possible to use one master and more than one slave in a surround setup by splitting the triggersignal? Furthermore if read the manual correctly, the volumecontrol is done in the digital domain. If so, is the sound quality not degraded at low listening levels due to working the DAC's in the LSB range?

Regards,

Gerhard
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 05:10 PM   #23
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: -
Quote:
Originally posted by ds23man
JP,

I have a question about the trigger signal between the modules, is it bi-directional or one way? Is it possible to use one master and more than one slave in a surround setup by splitting the triggersignal? Furthermore if read the manual correctly, the volumecontrol is done in the digital domain. If so, is the sound quality not degraded at low listening levels due to working the DAC's in the LSB range?

Regards,

Gerhard
The triggering is only working for two amplifiers. A multichannel setup will anyhow not be possible with standard USB Audio or SPDIF input.

Indeed volume control is done in the digital domain, using an external volume control chip will be worse, and much more expensive.

The sonic performance of this product is fine.... ...don't worry....

Jan-Peter
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 05:19 PM   #24
ds23man is offline ds23man  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally posted by Jan-Peter


The triggering is only working for two amplifiers. A multichannel setup will anyhow not be possible with standard USB Audio or SPDIF input.

Indeed volume control is done in the digital domain, using an external volume control chip will be worse, and much more expensive.

The sonic performance of this product is fine.... ...don't worry....

Jan-Peter
JP,

What is the trick with the volumecontrol in the digital domain? Everybody knows the sound quality is severely degraded if you run DAC at LSB levels, I know I used the first digital crossovers from Yamaha in the 90's to the latest Pa systems with digital crossovers ( Axys Target).

Regards,

Gerhard
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 05:55 PM   #25
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Philadelphia
Man, this has to be one of the most exciting development in audio (esp. DIY audio) in a long time!!!!

Thanks, Jan-Peter & Bruno!!!

Duc
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 07:50 PM   #26
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lyon
Quote:
Originally posted by Jan-Peter

Later this year we will come with an high end stereo in maximum 6 channels out. Some technical details;

- 2 channel in, and 6 channel out.
- Input analog, digital AES/SPDIF, USB audio input.
- Control by USB and PC software.
- Resolution, 24 bits / max 192 kHz sampling.
- A/D converters AKM, AK5385A. D/A converters AKM, AK4395.
- DSP TI , optional adding a second one to increase processing power.
- Power supply only 2x12V, all regulators low voltage on board, optional use of our HxR audiophile regulators.
- Special clock design with extremely low jitter.
- Use of sample rate converter.
- Special gain section to adjust at several different sensitive. Guaranteed highest SNR level.
- Optimized for low EMI.
- Size only 105x105mm.
- Optional IR remote control.
- Optional graphical display.
- Optional input relays section to use it as a preamp.
- Digital volume control, we will write our own firmware, target is to have performance the same as with an analog volume control. Will definitely sound much better as the PGA volume control chips!

This will be a true high end audiophile solution.

Jan-Peter
Woooow, a fully integrated solution !!!

Some questions :
1 - About the 2 channels input : balanced/unbalanced ?
2 - BTW for the 6 Output : balanced/unbalanced ?
3 - Much power processing with a 2nd DSP : equalizer function ?
4 - Some infos about the amps at the output ...

Very intersting piece and great job Jan Peter & Bruno
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 07:53 PM   #27
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: -
Quote:
Originally posted by ds23man


JP,

What is the trick with the volumecontrol in the digital domain? Everybody knows the sound quality is severely degraded if you run DAC at LSB levels, I know I used the first digital crossovers from Yamaha in the 90's to the latest Pa systems with digital crossovers ( Axys Target).

Regards,

Gerhard
The trick is dithering...., please read all these links;
http://www.hifi-writer.com/he/dvdaudio/dither.htm
http://www.users.qwest.net/~volt42/c...rExplained.pdf
http://books.google.com/books?id=VZw...sult&resnum=10

Jan-Peter
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 07:56 PM   #28
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: -
Quote:
Originally posted by korben69


Woooow, a fully integrated solution !!!

Some questions :
1 - About the 2 channels input : balanced/unbalanced ?
2 - BTW for the 6 Output : balanced/unbalanced ?
3 - Much power processing with a 2nd DSP : equalizer function ?
4 - Some infos about the amps at the output ...

Very intersting piece and great job Jan Peter & Bruno
1. only unbalanced.
2. yeah..., the high end version will be fully balanced input and output.
3. indeed a second TAS3108 can eb add to increase delay time, or FIR filtering what you wants.
4.? I do not understand, please explain?

Jan-Peter
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 07:59 PM   #29
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lyon
Quote:
Originally posted by Jan-Peter


1. only unbalanced.
2. yeah..., the high end version will be fully balanced input and output.
3. indeed a second TAS3108 can eb add to increase delay time, or FIR filtering what you wants.
4.? I do not understand, please explain?

Jan-Peter
My skill is weak as my English is poor...
What I mean concern the amps, will they be integrated or could we connect some existing Ucd refs...
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 08:02 PM   #30
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: -
Quote:
Originally posted by korben69


My skill is weak as my English is poor...
What I mean concern the amps, will they be integrated or could we connect some existing Ucd refs...
Sorry, I mixed up the AS2.100 with the upcomming high end DSP solution.

The upcomming high end DSP solution;
- fully balanced input two channels and 6 channels balanced output.
- no power amplifiers, only high end D/A converters from AKM.
- it's only a DSP board, size aprox. 100x100mm


Jan-Peter
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS : Hypex ST PSU korben69 Swap Meet 1 2nd July 2010 11:46 AM
Question for those who have tried hypex smps with hypex modules avian Class D 12 3rd March 2009 09:30 AM
Hypex UcD 400. ian walker Swap Meet 3 14th January 2008 03:32 PM
Hypex UcD 180AD + signal wires, Power Supply ST, Hypex Transformer TR100A c10h12n2 Swap Meet 7 7th July 2007 03:55 PM
FS: Hypex UcD 400/180AD, hypex toroid Archmage Swap Meet 4 14th November 2006 04:23 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:25 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2