Hypex UcD AS2.100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone managed to switch the input channels by a remote?

I've tried some different Philips TV codes ony my Logitech Harmony, and I can adjust volume and shut the unit off. But haven't found a single code that will let me change channel.

Any1?

I've heard from one user that the settings of a "Neodio model 100" works for the AS2.100 in the Logitech Harmony device.

In normal Philips RC5 remotes it should be able to switch input by the prog up and prog down buttons.

I bought a cheap universal controller today with loads of Philps codes. And I coudln't find a single one that let me change channel. Almost all of them left me change volume and power on and off.

I also tried a few hundred other codes using the library function in the remote and I found loads that works for volume and on/off, but again, won't change channel.

Thanks for the tip in the post above, but that device is not listed in My Harmony list of devices?

EDIT: Now the AS2.100 even shows up in Harmony library, and even then I can't change channel. Bug with my device?

Last edited:
Hi All,

I can't get new AS2 to output sound. I think I've done all settings correctly, but with no success. I'm forcing the input to analogue for now. Everything seems to be functioning, I'm able to change volume on the pc, remote inputs volume, etc., but no sound.

It seems like someone on pg 33 of this thread had similar problem, but I don't see any replies.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Joel.

Both would be the digital versions.

I was under the impression all mac used SP/DIF but optical (or toslink in the laptops)

I don't really want to add another DAC in-between.

I guess the goal it to get it working with an Apple TV, which most definitely use optical out for sound or HDMI.

Later this year we will come with an high end stereo in maximum 6 channels out. Some technical details;

- 2 channel in, and 6 channel out.
- Input analog, digital AES/SPDIF, USB audio input.
- Control by USB and PC software.
- Resolution, 24 bits / max 192 kHz sampling.
- A/D converters AKM, AK5385A. D/A converters AKM, AK4395.
- DSP TI , optional adding a second one to increase processing power.
- Power supply only 2x12V, all regulators low voltage on board, optional use of our HxR audiophile regulators.
- Special clock design with extremely low jitter.
- Use of sample rate converter.
- Special gain section to adjust at several different sensitive. Guaranteed highest SNR level.
- Optimized for low EMI.
- Size only 105x105mm.
- Optional IR remote control.
- Optional graphical display.
- Optional input relays section to use it as a preamp.
- Digital volume control, we will write our own firmware, target is to have performance the same as with an analog volume control. Will definitely sound much better as the PGA volume control chips!

This will be a true high end audiophile solution.

Jan-Peter

any rough idea on pricing ?

Thank Mark, is digital coaxial balanced input?

Just checked and they are back in stock, do order or not......

On the Hypex PSC2.400d the input is a balanced interface (AES/EBU on XLR). The optical to coax converter is usually single ended (RCA connector) so you would also need an adapter to go from RCA to XLR.

I am not very familiar with the AS2.100 but I think it has a standard SP/DIF interface with RCA connectors.

This is a tricky question, because it depends on a lot of factors. But in general you should try to have the minimum amount of D/A and A/D conversions in your system.

The DAC in the PSC2.400d is quite good, and because of the dithering used any loss in resolution sounds just the same in the digital domain as in the analogue domain. Lower the resolution (turn down your volume controll) and it will produce some noise, not digital artifacts.

This noise is minimal for the PSC2.400d the sensitivity of my setup is 92.5dB and I have to hold my ear within 10cm to hear any noise.

Hi

I have system with 2 x AS2.100D. Im controlling speakers with pre-amp. And for remote i have Logitech harmony 1000.

Issue in my case is that hypex module has same volume controls with my preamp. And when changing volume, both devices changes volume. Is it anyhow possible to (programmily) disable touchpanel volume control?

Br
Antti

Hi

I have system with 2 x AS2.100D. Im controlling speakers with pre-amp. And for remote i have Logitech harmony 1000.

Issue in my case is that hypex module has same volume controls with my preamp. And when changing volume, both devices changes volume. Is it anyhow possible to (programmily) disable touchpanel volume control?

Br
Antti

Yes cutting off the sensor would do the trick but is a permanent solution. I can tell you we're working on a update where you can also select 2 types of IR commands. The first is the current one (TV-codes) and the second one is the one that matches our new "Hypx-remote" and will not responde on other remotes. I hope to release the new version soon but I can't give you a hard date for this.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.