Hypex UcD AS2.100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey, I suppose the remote wont work if amps are mounted on back of speakers :confused:

and what are the intended use of the digital input ?

The AS2.100 comes with a socalled controlpanel which can be mounted in the front of the speaker or even elsewhere.

With the digital version you add the possebility for SPDIF audio and audio over USB as well. You can find more information about this in the manual.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
The usb lets you control the filter settings and setup of the system

ahh, yes
and digital verison has 2 USB, with the additional USB audio option

I was thinking of USB audio input
and yeah, I missed that its USB
I suppose intended fore ipod, usb-pin etc

Yeah, I forget that digital input is a USB connection
And "ordinary" CD player should still be connected to analoge input

I guess the word digital confused me, and why I asked
I forgot to read the manual, it clearly says USB audio :p

btw, another thing
I dont know where I spotted that picture of amp backside, but it appeared that its built with ordinary linear supply, where as the bigger 400watt has switchmode supply, is this correct ?

I have the AS2.1 digital driving kef's 104.2. (one for each speaker, in bridged mode, right speaker as master with subwoofer feed in analogue out).

There is only one USB link, which can be afaik used for both - control of the AS and also audio transmission, although I never tried it that way.

The separate SPDIF input can be used to drive the unit directly from a cd player, if you use the remote controllable frontpanel as volume control.
There is also a spdif out, linking the master and slave unit.

There is another option using the link cable for multi unit mode, but that is imho a bit flimsy, I prefer the spdif connection.

If I remember correctly - the AS2.1 uses smps.

Last edited:
There is only one USB link, which can be afaik used for both - control of the AS and also audio transmission, ....
correct, I had it like that during the development of the Nescio. the slave speaker should be connected through the SPDIF out(master)-in(slave)

there is no need for drivers (at least on my XP system not), just plug it into the PC and it will be setup as windows sound device.

Any news?

Later this year we will come with an high end stereo in maximum 6 channels out. Some technical details;

- 2 channel in, and 6 channel out.
- Input analog, digital AES/SPDIF, USB audio input.
- Control by USB and PC software.
- Resolution, 24 bits / max 192 kHz sampling.
- A/D converters AKM, AK5385A. D/A converters AKM, AK4395.
- DSP TI , optional adding a second one to increase processing power.
- Power supply only 2x12V, all regulators low voltage on board, optional use of our HxR audiophile regulators.
- Special clock design with extremely low jitter.
- Use of sample rate converter.
- Special gain section to adjust at several different sensitive. Guaranteed highest SNR level.
- Optimized for low EMI.
- Size only 105x105mm.
- Optional IR remote control.
- Optional graphical display.
- Optional input relays section to use it as a preamp.
- Digital volume control, we will write our own firmware, target is to have performance the same as with an analog volume control. Will definitely sound much better as the PGA volume control chips!

This will be a true high end audiophile solution. :p

Jan-Peter

Neither Rome nor Rotterdam was built in a day ;)

But how far off, and likely rough +/- 20% pricing?

Cheers

Neither Rome nor Rotterdam was built in a day ;)

But how far off, and likely rough +/- 20% pricing?

Cheers

We are now very very close, early to half September we will have this product available...is our planning... ;)

Price is difficult to say, we will try to have a complete set available for something around EUR 650~750 ex. VAT.

A complete set will mean;
- DSP board
- LCD display
- input/output board with XLR connectors
- small control board with buttons for controlling inputs and volume setting
- linear power supply

Regards,

Jan-Peter

This new product is our Hypex High End DSP Platform, everything is at low signal level. No amplifiers are included!

We will use the DSP TI TAS3108 and a second one running in series for increasing signal processing capabilities.

If you have more questions perhaps better to start a separate thread...

Regards,

Jan-Peter

So the manual that say 2x 100W output is misleading or just an example of power blocks that can be used ?

Hi Tekko,

we have three products with a DSP;
- AS2.100 --> plate amplifier, DSP, USB Audio input, SPDIF input/output, 2x100W UcD amplifier, liniear transformer
- PSC2.400 --> plate amplifier, DSP, AES EBU input (optional), 2x400W UcD amp, SMPS400
- High End DSP --> this is the new platform comming arond half September. Only DSP, no amplifiers on board. All further details already mentiond in this thread.

Jan-Peter

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I think You should add the option for a backend which includes dig X-over (2x3) and EQ and output shall be digital. Delay setable between outputs. Please, this kind of system is very interesting and ther is now high time to kill off the tweaked Beringer product. Pretty please?

I think You should add the option for a backend which includes dig X-over (2x3) and EQ and output shall be digital. Delay setable between outputs. Please, this kind of system is very interesting and ther is now high time to kill off the tweaked Beringer product. Pretty please?

TNT our new High End DSP platform will have the following specs;
Later this year we will come with an high end stereo in maximum 6 channels out. Some preliminary technical details;

- 2 channel in, and 6 channel out.
- Input analog, digital AES/SPDIF, USB audio input.
- Control by USB, PC software.
- Resolution, 24 bits / max 192 kHz sampling.
- A/D converters AKM, AK5385A. D/A converters AKM, AK4395.
- DSP TI , optional adding a second one to increase processing power.
- Power supply only 2x12V, all regulators low voltage on board, optional use of our HxR audiophile regulators.
- Special clock design with extremely low jitter.
- Use of sample rate converter.
- Optimized for low EMI.
- Optional IR remote control.
- Optional graphical display.
- Optional input relays section to use it as a preamp.
- Digital volume control, we will write our own firmware, target is to have performance the same as with an analog volume control. Will definitely sound much better as the PGA volume control chips!

This will be a true high end audiophile solution.

Jan-Peter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.