Hypex UcD AS2.100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi you @ Hypex!

I wonder, the AS2.100, what amplifier from you are it comparibly to?

I know its 2x oem 100 version but have it hxr option or can it be upgraded manually with it? (what about implementing an option in the 2.400 version to upgrade with hxr?)

What is oem 100 comparible to? st version, hg, hg with hxr, ad version?

Is the soundquality the same between all the oem versions except they have diffrent wattage?

What is your recomendations, to buy an ucd180/400 with hxr option or to run 2x as2.100 direct digitally, what would give the best sound quality?

How many bits can the digital input handle in the AS2.100?

A wish for your upcoming dspfilter/400 version is to have multiple digital inputs and a few analog, that way i can skip an preamplifier totally. Also include spdif and aes/ebu, not only aes/ebu. So i can skip an transformer. Home eqiupment are normally spdif ;)

You must have so the dspfilter/400 version can handle 24 bits, also i would like to see higher sample rate before the amps after the filter if thats an good idea?

I would like to use the amplifiers to digitally connect it to my soundcard when im doing music / mastering, thereby the 24 bit support.

Isnt there any possiblities that you could include an all pass filter or similar so we can correct the phase? One of the most best things you can do to gain a good sound is to have linear phase or so good as possible. Very few know about this! Even higly loudspeaker manufacturers seems to do that. (ok they know about having it so good as possible but few have allpass filter / etc.)

Thankyou for your support!

/Mikael Thurberg

Hi you @ Hypex!

I wonder, the AS2.100, what amplifier from you are it comparibly to?

I know its 2x oem 100 version but have it hxr option or can it be upgraded manually with it? (what about implementing an option in the 2.400 version to upgrade with hxr?)

What is oem 100 comparible to? st version, hg, hg with hxr, ad version?

Is the soundquality the same between all the oem versions except they have diffrent wattage?

What is your recomendations, to buy an ucd180/400 with hxr option or to run 2x as2.100 direct digitally, what would give the best sound quality?

How many bits can the digital input handle in the AS2.100?

A wish for your upcoming dspfilter/400 version is to have multiple digital inputs and a few analog, that way i can skip an preamplifier totally. Also include spdif and aes/ebu, not only aes/ebu. So i can skip an transformer. Home eqiupment are normally spdif ;)

You must have so the dspfilter/400 version can handle 24 bits, also i would like to see higher sample rate before the amps after the filter if thats an good idea?

I would like to use the amplifiers to digitally connect it to my soundcard when im doing music / mastering, thereby the 24 bit support.

Isnt there any possiblities that you could include an all pass filter or similar so we can correct the phase? One of the most best things you can do to gain a good sound is to have linear phase or so good as possible. Very few know about this! Even higly loudspeaker manufacturers seems to do that. (ok they know about having it so good as possible but few have allpass filter / etc.)

Thankyou for your support!

/Mikael Thurberg

Hello,
- The AS2.100 is as it is, indeed with the UcD100OEM. As you can see the module is very compact and there is no space left for bigger amps.
The UcD100 is not directly compatible to any of our other amps, the ST and HG use different voltages.

- All of our UcD's carry the same technology and therefore have about the same sound quality. The only differences are in Ecaps, supply (like the HxR) and the input buffers. I can not give you any more information about this because not everyone has the same opinion about "sound quality".

- The PSC2.400 is a plateamplifier mostly made for PA and therefore it only has AES and balanced inputs. For the 6-channel we will make some different input boards, but we have not yet designed this.

- If you like to use dsp filtering you should go for the AS2 but if you don't need that a HG with HxR may be better.

- All digital inputs go up to 192kHz at 24bits

- The biquad filters are all minimum phase, which means that phase is directly linked to magnitude response in exactly the same way as an analogue filter. Since individual speaker drivers are minimum phase too, EQ’ing them flat also equalises the phase response. You can already give it a try by downloading the software for the AS2 from our website.

Hi, i used to be a member AAAAGES ago, but havent been around in a while!

Im over the moon i have googled and found your product hypex. words cannot describe how long i have been after EXACTLY this. (the psc2.400)

was wondering if i can ask a few questions tho...

1) i would guess that the amp modules are basically your stand alone modules (forgive me, i have not read all your documentation yet, i was just a little excited!) so are you going to do different power versions of this product. Basically, a 400w into 4ohm for a woofer is a little low for what i need, but the 700w module would be ideal, and a 400w module for high end is just overkill, so the 180 would be fine. So, would you do a 180w+700w,

OR

If, as you say you can bridge the 400w modules, can you then use the second available dsp out for the high end? so use the bridged 400w modules for low, and then purchase a seperate 180w for high end, and still use the inbuilt dsp for both (all 3)

and question 2)
Can i have one to test! Please Please Please Please!

i cannot believe someone hasnt bought this product to the market sooner. i wish i had a few more braincells and could have developed one myself!

Thanks so much.

Hi, i used to be a member AAAAGES ago, but havent been around in a while!

Im over the moon i have googled and found your product hypex. words cannot describe how long i have been after EXACTLY this. (the psc2.400)

was wondering if i can ask a few questions tho...

1) i would guess that the amp modules are basically your stand alone modules (forgive me, i have not read all your documentation yet, i was just a little excited!) so are you going to do different power versions of this product. Basically, a 400w into 4ohm for a woofer is a little low for what i need, but the 700w module would be ideal, and a 400w module for high end is just overkill, so the 180 would be fine. So, would you do a 180w+700w,

OR

If, as you say you can bridge the 400w modules, can you then use the second available dsp out for the high end? so use the bridged 400w modules for low, and then purchase a seperate 180w for high end, and still use the inbuilt dsp for both (all 3)

and question 2)
Can i have one to test! Please Please Please Please!

i cannot believe someone hasnt bought this product to the market sooner. i wish i had a few more braincells and could have developed one myself!

Thanks so much.

Thank you for you interest.

1) Yes we use our UcD400 amplifiers for this products. This is the first PSC product for Hypex but we are working on a higher power module, the PSC2.700. This will be on the market later this year. Because of the supply voltages we will not make combination of a 700W and 180W module, the .700 version will carry 2xthe UcD700 and a 1200Watt power supply.

2) No, with the PSC2.400 you can drive up to 400Watts on one channel, and more in bridge mode, but it will still be limited by the 400W total power of the supply. And if you use it as a bridged module you don't have the second channel for an other amplifier because both channels are used.

3) They will be in our webshop later this week or the beginning of next week.

I have sometimes a problem with the unit just terminating the USB connection to the dedicated media computer. The unit still shows the power light on at the small control panel - but nobody inside. Really unstable.
Have to shut the unit off at the front panel and turn on again - which sometimes works, or disconnect the power via the switch and reboot it that way.

Not serious - just annoying.

this is quite a newb question (as i'm a newb, so...), but is the USB audio input something universal? lets say, can i simply pick up an Acer Revo+XBMC and put it streaming audio through the USB cable, as if the AS2.100 is an USB DAC? what sample frequency and bitrate would i get from it? still able to play 32/192 mastering files?

thank you!

this is quite a newb question (as i'm a newb, so...), but is the USB audio input something universal? lets say, can i simply pick up an Acer Revo+XBMC and put it streaming audio through the USB cable, as if the AS2.100 is an USB DAC? what sample frequency and bitrate would i get from it? still able to play 32/192 mastering files?

thank you!

Hi, yes you sould be able to do so. In the AS2.100digital is a USBdac installed which converts the USB data to 44.1kHz digital audio and sends it to the DAC.
Windows standard converts all audio data that goes out to 44.1kHz, also a 192kHz recorded file will also be converted to 44.1 by Windows.

first of all, i'm really thankful to both of you!

secondly, and changing the "what if"... i'm quite interested in streaming music through an Acer Revo using the XBMC Live. i'm also interested in this kind of Hypex solution, but with the chance of using higher sample and bitrates. what are the specs of the yet-to-come standalone DSP module? USB specs?

first of all, i'm really thankful to both of you!

secondly, and changing the "what if"... i'm quite interested in streaming music through an Acer Revo using the XBMC Live. i'm also interested in this kind of Hypex solution, but with the chance of using higher sample and bitrates. what are the specs of the yet-to-come standalone DSP module? USB specs?

The standalone will use the same USBdac, the problem is that Windows does a standard conversion to the 44,1kHz.
And there is no USBdac chip available (as far as I know) with drivers that are able to prevent windows from downsampling the signal.

but XBMC Live is Linux based... anyway, what you're meaning is that to achieve a bitperfect stream through the USBDac i will need "better" drivers. i hope alsa has the job already done :D (since i can't help, as i know no programming).

but theoretically, if there is a "perfect" OS, does the standalone DSP play 32/192 in any way? or even 24/96?

but XBMC Live is Linux based... anyway, what you're meaning is that to achieve a bitperfect stream through the USBDac i will need "better" drivers. i hope alsa has the job already done :D (since i can't help, as i know no programming).

but theoretically, if there is a "perfect" OS, does the standalone DSP play 32/192 in any way? or even 24/96?

No the USB dac in our boards is 48kHz out, this is fixed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.