Hypex UcD AS2.100 - Page 10 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th September 2009, 08:48 AM   #91
fb is offline fb  Australia
diyAudio Member

Jan-Peter,
Is a digital input only version (of standalone board) possible? I already have no shortage of good A/D, it would be great if I could reduce the cost of the DSP board.

Old 18th September 2009, 09:21 AM   #92
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fb View Post
Jan-Peter,
Is a digital input only version (of standalone board) possible? I already have no shortage of good A/D, it would be great if I could reduce the cost of the DSP board.

The production will be with on board A/D converters and digital input. No plans for only a digital input board, the savings will also not be very much with removing the A/D converters.

Jan-Peter
Old 19th September 2009, 06:51 PM   #93
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Peter View Post
You cannot compare these two products, the AS2.100 is a plate amp 2x100W with a DSP on board. The upcoming high end solution is only a PCB with 2-channel input and max 6-channel output, all symmetrical inputs. You will need separate amplifiers to create your multichannel system.

Jan-Peter
Hi Jan Peter,
Do you have some informations about availability and price for those PCB ?
Old 19th September 2009, 10:31 PM   #94
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Peter View Post

PCB with 2-channel input and max 6-channel output, all symmetrical inputs.

Jan-Peter
"2-channel input"
Does that mean 1 or 2 stereo source ?

"Symmetrical inputs"
I sure dont hope this means balanced input/output only ?

Last edited by tinitus; 19th September 2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 21st September 2009, 07:56 AM   #95
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinitus View Post
"2-channel input"

Does that mean 1 or 2 stereo source ?
2 channels/signals. So that will be only stereo. Besides the analogue input there is also a AES/EBU input and a USB audio input.

Quote:
"Symmetrical inputs"

I sure dont hope this means balanced input/output only ?
The inputs and outputs are all balanced, but a balanced i/o can always be used for unbalanced signals!

For more audio inputs (both analogue and digital) we are planning to make an input selection boards with all the connectors.

The High end label is given because we do everything to make this product the best audio+dsp solution. So we've chosen verry good converters, very high end supply solutions for all of the audio components, a higher sampling rate (96kHz processing and up to 192kHz input) and more processing power. With all this we can realy cal it high end.

But because of the complexity and that the module can be used in lots of solutions we are still working on it and will only release it when we trust it.
Old 24th September 2009, 06:15 AM   #96
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by korben69 View Post
Hi Jan Peter,
Do you have some informations about availability and price for those PCB ?
x2

It would be good if Hypex could possibly start a new post with info about this product so potential customers can keep track of progress.
Old 20th October 2009, 05:54 PM   #97
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs_Hypex View Post
2 channels/signals. So that will be only stereo. Besides the analogue input there is also a AES/EBU input and a USB audio input.

The inputs and outputs are all balanced, but a balanced i/o can always be used for unbalanced signals!

For more audio inputs (both analogue and digital) we are planning to make an input selection boards with all the connectors.

The High end label is given because we do everything to make this product the best audio+dsp solution. So we've chosen verry good converters, very high end supply solutions for all of the audio components, a higher sampling rate (96kHz processing and up to 192kHz input) and more processing power. With all this we can realy cal it high end.

But because of the complexity and that the module can be used in lots of solutions we are still working on it and will only release it when we trust it.
Hi,

Regarding Processing power...
It would be very good to know for exaple, how many taps could be used allatogether for FIR at 96kHz?
it woud allow me an insight regarding power...

Thanks,

Tamas
Old 21st October 2009, 02:35 AM   #98
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs_Hypex View Post

Excuse me for stupid question.
Is this means that when I play HD/HRx audio file with 24/192kHz, 176.4 kHz resolution audio through AES/EBU signal will be down sampled to be processed at 96 kHz?
Old 21st October 2009, 06:28 AM   #99
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Saksiri View Post
Excuse me for stupid question.
Is this means that when I play HD/HRx audio file with 24/192kHz, 176.4 kHz resolution audio through AES/EBU signal will be down sampled to be processed at 96 kHz?
Hi,
Yes, all of the signals will be converted to 96kHz/24bit. Because we think this is the best sampling rate, going up to 192kHz will not make a big difference we believe. Also considering the loss of processing power when we go up to 192kHz.
The total processing power is not jet know because we've not jet started with this. And it will depend on all the other functions in the dsp, like filters delay and limiters etc.
Old 28th November 2009, 05:16 AM   #100
uzeb is offline uzeb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Anything new on this, estimated release date?
I am an OEM who is very interested.

Hide this!Advertise here!