What amp module is this?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought a few Tripath 2020 amp modules recently, as spares and repairs.

I was wondering what this amp module is and where I can get more info on it?

It seems to have a built in pre-amp and speaker protection which is pretty nice.

Pics:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Excuse the quality pf thepics, they were taken with my phone...

It appears to be branded "Hi-fi Audio"

and also says "Version:2.5a" on the PCB...

Also, when I plug power up to it the red "OVER" LED light up straight away... I have yet to hook it up to any speakers however...

Why not ask the person who sold it to you (I presume it came from "gatesof")?

At a guess, it looks like it perhaps originated from eBay seller "I wanne Buy" [sic], who presently appears to offer a similar "Hi-fi Audio" branded TA2020 board, "New Ver PCB 25watt CLass-T amplifier for Tripath TA2020", sans speaker protection and 2 LEDs:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Ver-PCB-25watt-CLass-T-amplifier-for-Tripath-TA2020_W0QQitemZ330330959984

Personally, if you haven't already done so, I'd concentrate on fixing the Charlize!

Cheers,

Robert_S

col said:
Where did you get that one from?

col.
ebay, as spares or repair (non working)
Robert_S said:
Why not ask the person who sold it to you (I presume it came from "gatesof")?
It was gatesof, I've sent a message but have yet to hear back from him/her, hopefully they should remember.
Robert_S said:
At a guess, it looks like it perhaps originated from eBay seller "I wanne Buy" [sic], who presently appears to offer a similar "Hi-fi Audio" branded TA2020 board, "New Ver PCB 25watt CLass-T amplifier for Tripath TA2020", sans speaker protection and 2 LEDs:
Cheers, that does look very similar, I've been doing quite a bit of searching for various TA2020 modules and that's the closest one I've seen so far. I'll ask them if they have any more info on these modules...
Robert_S said:
Personally, if you haven't already done so, I'd concentrate on fixing the Charlize!
Well, I've been pretty busy this weekend, but it looks to me like it might just be some lifted PCB tracks around one of the speaker outputs so should be a pretty simple fix. :cool:

col said:
Iv'e received my "iwannabuy" TA2020 board. It's a bit different to the one in your pictures Mike. It sounds very good though. Will bed it in a bit and use it to power my compression drivers/waveguides in the high section of my home HiFi.

report back soon.

col.

Nice, I still haven't got my module working yet, I'm glad to hear it sounds good.

I'm still playing with my lapei right now, but as soon as I get this module going I'll let you know how it compares to the Charleze :)

col said:
Iv'e received my "iwannabuy" TA2020 board. It's a bit different to the one in your pictures Mike. It sounds very good though. Will bed it in a bit and use it to power my compression drivers/waveguides in the high section of my home HiFi.

report back soon.

col.

will it be possible to put up the picture of the unit if it produces "good" sound?

thanks,

gychang

Re: HiFi Audio version 2.0A by Lu.RH TA2020

col said:

Iv'e finished my "iwannabuy" TA2020.

Some photos here:

http://pix.minirig.org.au/main.php?g2_itemId=1081

Sounds very nice.

Iv'e utilized an old 3.5" hard disk enclosure and bracketed the laptop power supply into the case. Used a LM388T regulator circuit to get the voltage to 13.5v

col.

The pictures look very nice.

do u have any other t-amp clone to compare the sound to?, was any mods done?, it has the volume pot already built in?

thanks,

gychang

I have my Lepai,TA2020, that has been extensively modded though, It sounds very similar. Also, I'm using this one to power the highs in a tri-amp system, so there is no bass going through it at the moment.

The board design is very nice, almost identical to the TA2020 evaluation board spec but with the later developments.

col.

col said:
I have my Lepai,TA2020, that has been extensively modded though, It sounds very similar. Also, I'm using this one to power the highs in a tri-amp system, so there is no bass going through it at the moment.

The board design is very nice, almost identical to the TA2020 evaluation board spec but with the later developments.

col.

thanks for info, it already has heat sink, volume pot?, looks like ready to go, will assume bass will be adequate.

will try one.

thanks,

gychang

MikeHunt79 said:
I bought a few Tripath 2020 amp modules recently, as spares and repairs.

I was wondering what this amp module is and where I can get more info on it?

It seems to have a built in pre-amp and speaker protection which is pretty nice.

Pics:

Excuse the quality pf thepics, they were taken with my phone...

It appears to be branded "Hi-fi Audio"

and also says "Version:2.5a" on the PCB...

Also, when I plug power up to it the red "OVER" LED light up straight away... I have yet to hook it up to any speakers however...

Mike, did u by any chance have comments on the sound?

thanks,

gychang

Re: Re: What amp module is this?

gychang said:

Mike, did u by any chance have comments on the sound?

thanks,

gychang
I still haven't got around to fixing mine, it just shows a fault LED, I think the TA2020 may have gone tho I'm not sure yet, it could be the diodes also.

I've been really busy lately, but if it's sunny tomorrow and I have some spare time, I'll have a go at fixing it. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.