Jam Audio JM2020 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th May 2009, 12:59 AM   #1
pir8don is offline pir8don  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Default Jam Audio JM2020

Hi
I'm a first time poster who retired from electronics some time ago but have maintained a hobby interest, particually in digital amps.

I read a lot a few years ago about this chip but not much seemed to happen and now the company seems to have been sold/ dissolved. It was granted a number of patents
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/JamTec...er-a0154329773

Can't find any info from search of DIYaudio

They moved to singapore before and I recently came accross this
http://verumsingapore.com/products.html

I am communicating with verum about purchasing some of these amps.

Some info about the chip
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf/...SA00199371.pdf

So; Am I chasing a wild horse? Does anyone know more about this company and it's chips.
Thanks
Don
Old 26th May 2009, 01:32 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hi

I just bought one after reading your posting. As it turns out the amp is based on the tripath 2024 amp. The name Jam is just pure coincidental.

the actual website for this product

http://www.jam-acoustics.com/tech_talk/class_d.htm

So as you can see below, they made specific claims on class T.

I thought it was the Jam-tech amp too. I met them while they were giving a talk so learnt it the hard way. If I knew it was a Tripath, might not have bought it.

Oon
Old 26th May 2009, 01:34 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Last statement int he previous post.

"I thought it was the Jam-tech amp too. I met them while they were giving a talk so learnt it the hard way. If I knew it was a Tripath, might not have bought it."

Should have been

I thought it was the Jam-tech amp too. I met them while they were giving a talk

I learnt it the hard way that the amp wasn't a Jam-tech amp, but they never claimed it to be. If I knew it was a Tripath, might not have bought it.
Old 27th May 2009, 02:37 AM   #4
pir8don is offline pir8don  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Sorry to have lead you astray oon_the_kid. Led myself astray as well. Now have three of them. They are not badly made and at least half the price of the tripath alternatives available here in NZ.

Would still like to know what has happened to Jam Tech all digital chips and or technology. They appeared to have so much promise.

Don

Hide this!Advertise here!