Sure Electronics New Tripath Board tc2000+tp2050 - Page 232 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th October 2013, 08:32 PM   #2311
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Malefoda
Hi there,
anyone to explain how Sure has done the Mute on their board ? Cap, 5v and R... can't figure what it does.
Anyway, Mute pin not connected mutes the amp and Mute pin to ground un-mute, right? Or +5V to Mute pin to mute?
Having a terrible thump at power off (nothing at power on, not that big 2uF input caps) I hope muting the amp prior to power off the amp can save my speakers and sanity.
Attached Images
File Type: png SureMute.png (14.0 KB, 388 views)

Last edited by Malefoda; 13th October 2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 17th October 2013, 01:19 PM   #2312
diyAudio Member

Removed all the Sure's stuff, a switch to "floating"/grounded state, used prior to power on/off to mute it manually. Simple and smooth.
That was my DC supply switch, now my "amp ready" switch
Class D Amp Photo Gallery
Old 17th October 2013, 10:08 PM   #2313
diyAudio Member

Nice idea putting heatsinks on the inductors, I'm tempted to try that myself as mine are still getting pretty warm. Also I'm tempted to try a simple timer circuit so the amp starts off in a muted state, then unmutes after a second or so...

I'm using the old revision board however, and as for a turn off thump I do not really get much of a thump so never needed to touch the mute switch (yet)...
Old 18th October 2013, 09:14 PM   #2314
diyAudio Member

In fact prior to my low noise 5V and my paper in wax caps there was no power off thump. Can't tell wich mod did this.
Anyway, cooling is OK, 60C at 15V reg and coils, 40C max at the TP2050.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg temp.jpg (113.9 KB, 316 views)
Old 25th October 2013, 10:11 PM   #2315
PetrosD is offline PetrosD  Greece
diyAudio Member

Hello to all!
I read almost the whole thread because I have this board and I like it a lot.

But I tried to do something (to use the board for something other than drivin a speaker, please don't ask yet what) and I made a wrong connection and the amp doesn't work anymore.

The wrong connection was to connect a +12 volts (relative to input ground) to the + side of an OUTPUT channel.

Does anyone have the knowledge what would this do to the amplifier?
Old 26th October 2013, 12:53 AM   #2316
diyAudio Member

I am not sure about the extent of the damage you can achieve by doing such a thing but I am pretty sure it did burned out a few important things and you can buy a brand new board.
Old 27th December 2013, 07:42 PM   #2317
diyAudio Member

I have the new sure 2*100 aa-ab32186 and it seems to operate differently than my older board. I recall the older board turning off the fans when idle. But this one the fan runs all the time. Also, I bought the sure PS 27v for this and the fan noise sucks! It is way too loud. Any recommendation to quiet it?
Old 27th December 2013, 08:20 PM   #2318
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apachestar View Post
I have the new sure 2*100 aa-ab32186 and it seems to operate differently than my older board. I recall the older board turning off the fans when idle. But this one the fan runs all the time. Also, I bought the sure PS 27v for this and the fan noise sucks! It is way too loud. Any recommendation to quiet it?
Hi there.

You can replace these fans with other more silent for the amp and PSU. For the amp you can also provide a good passive cooling solution like a good copper fanless heatsink.

[]'s
Old 27th December 2013, 10:40 PM   #2319
diyAudio Member

Default Sure PS noise

I remounted the fan with some elastic material between it and the housing. The noise went down a lot, but still it's loud. My old sure PS (which was MeanWeil) and amp did not have the fan come on until the temp hit a certain limit. I'd like to do the again, as I have the amp near a chair and you hear the fans when no music is playing. Any ideas how to have the circuit kick in when the temp hits say 100F?
Old 27th December 2013, 10:43 PM   #2320
diyAudio Member

Virpz
Thanks for the reply. Any recommendations? Any that have a thermal circuit and do not come on until required? (Or more likely a way to to off the amp or PS). It seems crazy to run the fans 100% of the time.

Hide this!Advertise here!