Sure Electronics New Tripath Board tc2000+tp2050 - Page 230 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th September 2012, 11:43 PM   #2291
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to McPoppes Send a message via Yahoo to McPoppes
well, you are talking about the 4x100w. sure amp right?
Old 6th September 2012, 03:20 PM   #2292
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPoppes View Post
well, you are talking about the 4x100w. sure amp right?
Yep, the tripath version. I've seen the tripath datasheet saying 40v max. But I'm curious what the current thoughts are about power supply voltage in real world applications.

If I put 3 x 12v batteries on it and run it hard into a portable PA system for several hours, will it burn up....?
Old 7th September 2012, 09:47 AM   #2293
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to McPoppes Send a message via Yahoo to McPoppes
no not at all. i've had the same amp with the same setup turned on for a week on a festival, without any problems. and the batteries didnt run out of power.

so no worries on the voltage it you use 3 x 12v.
Old 7th September 2012, 06:52 PM   #2294
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPoppes View Post
no not at all. i've had the same amp with the same setup turned on for a week on a festival, without any problems. and the batteries didnt run out of power.

so no worries on the voltage it you use 3 x 12v.
Thanks! But that apply's to the TDA7498 amp you have....which is not an actual tripath chip...?
Old 19th December 2012, 02:02 PM   #2295
AC439 is offline AC439  United States
diyAudio Member

Smile AA-AB32186

This thread seems to have become inactive since Sept 2012. I bought the new AA-AB32186 board but doesn't seem there are many discussions out there for this version. My experience with it was it appeared Sure didn't QC it in factory. DC offset was high and I had to adjust it. I modded the tank caps and input caps and a zobel network (added in the wrong place still, after the coils). But I'd like to drill more into the output filter. Anyone using this version of board ? Any sharing ?
-AC
Old 20th December 2012, 01:23 AM   #2296
diyAudio Member

I think the reason you don't see a lot of discussion on this Tripath stuff anymore is that these products are proven and are quite stable. Also, the Tripath is out of production as I understand it. Also, I am not certain they compare to the ICE or Hypex, however. Also, many people are looking for higher power - like 150-250W at 8 Ohms.
Old 6th February 2013, 11:34 PM   #2297
diyAudio Member

Is there a way to lower voltage gain ? I want to use tube pre with 10x amplification.
Old 7th February 2013, 01:36 PM   #2298
v-bro is offline v-bro  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alevans51 View Post
I think the reason you don't see a lot of discussion on this Tripath stuff anymore is that these products are proven and are quite stable. Also, the Tripath is out of production as I understand it. Also, I am not certain they compare to the ICE or Hypex, however. Also, many people are looking for higher power - like 150-250W at 8 Ohms.
The usual suspects (Sure, ebay...) definitely don't compare to Hypex or ICE, it's a shame so little designers have bothered to make decent amplifiers out of them, which sure as .... is very well possible. In fact, some of the finest amplifiers ever made have Tripath technology in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakamada View Post
Is there a way to lower voltage gain ? I want to use tube pre with 10x amplification.
Yes, the simplest way is to locate the input gain resistors. The input circuitry most likely resembles the datasheet application circuit for 99%, so I recommend to google on TK2050 datasheet, or even better EB-TK2050 or RB-TK2050....

Usually these resistors are 20K/20K per channel. That is Rin and Rfbk, each channel will have such a pair. Basically they set the gain and sensitivity of the internal opamps. You can lower that by using for instance 47K Rin and 20K Rfbk...
Old 8th February 2013, 10:58 PM   #2299
diyAudio Member

Thanks Vbor for info. I'll get back to it when I put my hands on schematic...

Just tell me how it works. Are these resistors throwing away the voltage of DAC an PREAMP are they really regulating opamps gain?
Old 8th February 2013, 11:24 PM   #2300
ExStaxy is offline ExStaxy  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-bro View Post
The usual suspects (Sure, ebay...) definitely don't compare to Hypex or ICE, it's a shame so little designers have bothered to make decent amplifiers out of them, which sure as .... is very well possible. In fact, some of the finest amplifiers ever made have Tripath technology in them.

Lord knows there seem to be an almost endless supply of chips out there even if cloned. One would think that a little more development would have happened. Given the trend for the headphone crowd to go with balanced cabling I am surprised no 2024 headphone amps have surfaced. I have used one of the Lepai units to run a set of orthodynamic drivers and the result was almost a magical experience the clarity was breathtaking.

With regard to output power, is the 2050 not a chainable design?

Hide this!Advertise here!