Sure Electronics New Tripath Board tc2000+tp2050 - Page 212 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd December 2011, 08:50 PM   #2111
diyAudio Member

Should be easy.....try to get soldering iron with slim tip.
Before the job secure everything (especially chips) with masking tape even maybe few layers.

Take soldering tin on the soldering iron and bring it close to the sides of the coils and apply more tin if needed, it should come of after few seconds.

After you have remove all four coils, just remove excess tin if there are some.

Bear in mind that you could break the connection (if you push or pull too much) of the coils so you would not be able to solder them back easily.

If you not sure, do not touch...........if you try, do not forget masking tape or similar protection of the circuit.
Old 5th December 2011, 02:01 PM   #2112
diyAudio Member

Default ViVa TriPath

i'm listening right now to the board, no modded just out of the box with a tiny 1A 24v modem psu!
the sound quality just blows away the $1900 McCormack power-amp! in every manner.
just a little clipping at high dynamics! surly depend on psu/tank-caps.

thank you boys who made this thread.
Old 5th December 2011, 09:50 PM   #2113
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Malefoda
Default Thermal behaviour

Hi guys,
here is how hot are the Zalman ZM-NB47J and Wurth 4.7H coils.
I'll mod it as I've done on another pcb, pre-reg at 12V with heatsink, tiny and cheap copper ram heatsink on coils. Will let you see the result. Room at 22C, 7.5Ω loads, no input signal.
Attached Images
File Type: png Image 1.png (113.2 KB, 329 views)
Old 6th December 2011, 05:51 AM   #2114
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malefoda View Post
Hi guys,
here is how hot are the Zalman ZM-NB47J and Wurth 4.7H coils.
I'll mod it as I've done on another pcb, pre-reg at 12V with heatsink, tiny and cheap copper ram heatsink on coils. Will let you see the result. Room at 22C, 7.5Ω loads, no input signal.
Very good results. Will you test it with 4ohm speakers & high acoustic levels to see how it goes ?
Buy the way, has anyone of you experienced any fault amp boards so far ? Mine had one channel dead on arrival but sure-electronics agreed to send me a new one.
If anyone wants the faulty board for repair & share his experience with us I would be glad to send it over as long as he covers post expenses (about 8.5 euro).
Vassilis
Old 6th December 2011, 07:23 AM   #2115
diyAudio Member

I had two faulty boards. I am too embarrassed to contact sure electronics again as they have already sent me a one replacement .......on my boards on both occasions I had one dead chip after a few hours of work.

Maybe I should contact them again, but I got a little tired out of all experience. I can not say anything bad against sure electronics.

So on your board, one channel is working correctly? (as I have two dead boards maybe I could do something out of it)

I was thinking to maybe connect one board one channel and another board for another channel. Do I need two power supplies than?
Old 6th December 2011, 08:45 AM   #2116
Shaun is offline Shaun  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmed_cha_gr View Post
If anyone wants the faulty board for repair & share his experience with us I would be glad to send it over as long as he covers post expenses (about 8.5 euro).
Vassilis
I'd like to volunteer for this. PM sent.
Old 6th December 2011, 11:41 AM   #2117
diyAudio Member

If you have one channel working on each board you wont be needing 2 power supplies. One is enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoko View Post
I had two faulty boards. I am too embarrassed to contact sure electronics again as they have already sent me a one replacement .......on my boards on both occasions I had one dead chip after a few hours of work.

Maybe I should contact them again, but I got a little tired out of all experience. I can not say anything bad against sure electronics.

So on your board, one channel is working correctly? (as I have two dead boards maybe I could do something out of it)

I was thinking to maybe connect one board one channel and another board for another channel. Do I need two power supplies than?
Old 6th December 2011, 11:46 AM   #2118
diyAudio Member

Default Shaun

PM send.
Because you leave in south Africa & Greek post office is messing with prices i will ask. But i think there will be no problem, i will try to find the cheapest post expenses. If you are lucky to get the board make sure you share your troubleshooting experience with us. I would have tried to fix it but for now i prefer to spend my time with my wife & kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I'd like to volunteer for this. PM sent.
Old 6th December 2011, 11:55 AM   #2119
Shaun is offline Shaun  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Thanks. I appreciate it. And I would gladly share the info.
Old 6th December 2011, 12:07 PM   #2120
diyAudio Member

Hi,
I tried one of the boards (on the channel which did not explode) and it was not working.
The previous board I did not try as Sure Electronics agreed to send me a replacement.
I could try though if my first board is still alive (only one channel though).

Hide this!Advertise here!