Sure Electronics New Tripath Board tc2000+tp2050 - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th May 2009, 01:38 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

@AF115

You are right fellow countryman.

You don't need to be a marketing guru to say or understand that!!!

I wrote that shortly after I heard the news and I was quite excited.

Obviously The Virtue One/Two as well as the Kama Bay amplifiers are turnkey solutions for people who wants/needs the "pappa pronta" (a ready made meal).

Ciao

P.
Old 15th May 2009, 06:44 AM   #12
swkbkk is offline swkbkk  Thailand
diyAudio Member

Watch out.... there are two versions: one rated at 2*50W and the other rated at 2*100W.

I made an order on their Ebay site without carefully looking at the details. I thought "Buy It Now" price of $34.99 with free shipping was a bargain and clicked on it. Only after having paid for it, I have come to the realization that I have just bought myself 2*50W version when the 2*100W version is available at the starting bid price of $39.99! Oh, bugger me!

A just reminder to read the details before you click on the "order" from someone who has learned his lesson painfully

After having examined the pictures carefully, I think the two boards are almost identical except the number of TP2050 chips, one vs. two, hence the ratings of 2*50W vs. 2*100W.

I am still waiting for its arrival...and when it does, I hope I can get some helpful instruction on how to supply the powers to it, connect the speakers, and the CD player. I have never done any DIY before and it is going to be my first project. I have already made a silly mistake even before touching the solder though!
Old 15th May 2009, 08:05 AM   #13
ElFishi is offline ElFishi  Europe
diyAudio Member

Default Buffer

One difference between this and the Virtue Audio One/Two will be a buffer.
Any suggestions?
Old 15th May 2009, 08:10 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Did you try to contact them and ask if you could change your order?

The 2 chips in parallel should basically let it drive low-impedance speakers (4-6 ohm) better, and yes the board is more powerful.

However I think also the monochipped one will do a great job (The Virtue One has only one TP2050).

P.
Old 15th May 2009, 10:58 AM   #15
swkbkk is offline swkbkk  Thailand
diyAudio Member

Default Manual

I was thinking about chaning the order to a 2*100W one, but then it seemed a little difficult to do so unless my ordered unit is found to have a fault. So I am sticking by the single chip version.

I feel a little better after hearing even the low powered one should do a decent job. Thanks, Pincellone!

I asked them for a manual and they have sent me a link to a PDF file. I have just checked the link is valid, but haven't read through it. The manual is for the board with a single TP2050 one but it could be also valid for the twin chips version too.

Here is the link to the manual

http://www.sure-electronics.net/down..._Ver1.1_EN.pdf
Old 15th May 2009, 02:05 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the link!
Old 15th May 2009, 02:50 PM   #17
Nisbeth is offline Nisbeth  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Here's the link to the 2*100W version: http://www.sure-electronics.net/down..._Ver1.2_EN.pdf

/U.
Old 16th May 2009, 12:54 PM   #18
youp is offline youp  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default psu voltage

What would be the best psu voltage to get the most power out of this amplifier with 8Ohm speakers ? Is 36V too close to the maximum input voltage? Should I go for a 24V psu or is something like 27 or 32V the better choice?

Thanks in advance,

Joep
Old 16th May 2009, 01:00 PM   #19
Nisbeth is offline Nisbeth  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Depends on which type of PSU you use. If it is linear (standard transformer) I would probably use something like an 18-22VAC transformer to make room for line fluctuations etc. but if it's a regulated SMPS you could probably set it to 35V without problems (just beware that some of the caps on the board seem to be 35V only so maybe 32-33VDC is safer).

/U.
Old 16th May 2009, 03:13 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

I will be using it with a 24V switching PSU with adjustable voltage. Actual voltage will be 28V. I prefer to get less watts but more sound quality out of it.

Virtue Audio provide 30V switching PSU along with their Virtue One amps. This one is not a clone, but it is equipped with the very same chips.

Hide this!Advertise here!