Sure Electronics New Tripath Board tc2000+tp2050 - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2009, 05:17 PM   #101
riktw is offline riktw  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
DAMN i like that kit, extreme power and so small
anyone experience with that cheap *** hong kong post company, thats 23 dollar to the netherlands and TNT and UPS are more than 20 dollars?

and there is thermal glue, i got some for 3 euro from a dutch computer store.
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 06:10 PM   #102
diyAudio Member
 
DarpMalone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Can (2) 14V 3A power supplies be used together on this board? (Ex. 2x LCD power adapters). Would this effectively produce 28V @ 3A?

Also, would 3A be sufficient if used with 8Ohm speakers?
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 06:43 PM   #103
ElFishi is offline ElFishi  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally posted by riktw

anyone experience with that cheap *** hong kong post company, thats 23 dollar to the netherlands and TNT and UPS are more than 20 dollars?
Sure-electronics offer the board on the bay, e.g. like item no. 230345575360, complete with shipping.
Mine is still under way but I have bought their TA2024 board before.
Back then the first shipment got lost, but they sent a second one immediately when I told them that the first didn't come through.
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 07:44 PM   #104
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
Quote:
Originally posted by DarpMalone
Can (2) 14V 3A power supplies be used together on this board? (Ex. 2x LCD power adapters). Would this effectively produce 28V @ 3A?

Also, would 3A be sufficient if used with 8Ohm speakers?

It would be sufficient but you won't be able to kick it very very loud, because then the amp won't be able to drive bass correctly and the sound quality isn't good, but for normal listening is enough.

Regards Aleš
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 08:35 PM   #105
diyAudio Member
 
DarpMalone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by mravlcax



It would be sufficient but you won't be able to kick it very very loud, because then the amp won't be able to drive bass correctly and the sound quality isn't good, but for normal listening is enough.

Regards Aleďż˝

Thanks for the reply, Ale... I want to try this amp for the bottom end of an actively x'd-over 3way system (below 1K) so low end is important... ApexJr has some 24V - 0 - 24V 200MA toroids... Is this better suited?
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 07:52 AM   #106
riktw is offline riktw  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
well i ordered one, i found an 2 * 18V 13 A transformer, slightly overkill but cheaper than an new transformer.
got at least 200.000uF of capasitors.
all from an old class A amp that died(PCB in pieces)
so i hope i get mine fast, cant wait to build it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 09:26 AM   #107
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
Quote:
Originally posted by DarpMalone



Thanks for the reply, Ale... I want to try this amp for the bottom end of an actively x'd-over 3way system (below 1K) so low end is important... ApexJr has some 24V - 0 - 24V 200MA toroids... Is this better suited?
This amp uses single power line so you need only 0-24V. With this 24V on AC you would get out on DC almost 34V and with this voltage amp would be running on the edge. I would go with 20V AC and on DC you get out a bit over 28V.

Regards Ales
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 09:53 PM   #108
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
Has anyone found any solution to the heat problem?

Regards Ales
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 10:06 PM   #109
riktw is offline riktw  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
dont have mine but if heatsink gets hot you need a bigger heatsink.
or a fan on it, but the heatsink looks like stuff thats on your north/southbridge on your PC motherboard.
i am on Internship in an computer store/repair shop so if i get my board i can try some PC coolers on it.


as you can see on this pic:
Click the image to open in full size.
there are 2 white pins connecting the cooler, does someone know if they are pushpins becouse some old and slow graphics cards have that kind of connection pins to.
i hope there is thermal paste under the cooler, if not add it, it makes a difference
looks like the 50m watt and 100 watt version have the same heatsink btw.
would be weird, the 100 watt version generates double as much heat.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 06:42 AM   #110
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
Quote:
Originally posted by riktw
dont have mine but if heatsink gets hot you need a bigger heatsink.
or a fan on it, but the heatsink looks like stuff thats on your north/southbridge on your PC motherboard.
i am on Internship in an computer store/repair shop so if i get my board i can try some PC coolers on it.


as you can see on this pic:
Click the image to open in full size.
there are 2 white pins connecting the cooler, does someone know if they are pushpins becouse some old and slow graphics cards have that kind of connection pins to.
i hope there is thermal paste under the cooler, if not add it, it makes a difference
looks like the 50m watt and 100 watt version have the same heatsink btw.
would be weird, the 100 watt version generates double as much heat.

Check one page back and you'll see my bigger heatsink, but I think that there is electronical solution for this heat problem.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Sure Electronics Tripath Board tc2000+tp2050 wimdehaan Swap Meet 9 24th July 2009 11:41 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:28 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2