Sure Electronics New Tripath Board tc2000+tp2050

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is there a recommended DC-DC (12V to 32V) converter that will enable use of the 4x100W board in a car at 32V opearation?

I've seen the recommendation to find an used car amp, rip the amp part out and scavenge the upconverter SMPS ... Probably the cheapest and most effective way, if you can find something used. Those upconverter car-amp SMPS things have been pretty much the same for some years now and can probably be considered a proven technology.

I wish I had a direct answer and a concrete recommendation for something new but perhaps this will help you!

hi everyone,

there are some other psu on ebay exact same specs and diagram, but cheaper and free shipping that means $20:
this or this any experience? or comments?

thanx
I've got one of each.

The one labelled "MeanWell" (Which I suspect is also a clone) works, but the loud fan turns on for about about :60s, every 20min's or so (Regardless of temperature)

The other, slightly cheaper one that I bought from here still works as well (after about 2years with no fan issues)

Have you looked at the offerings from connexxelectronic? I bought a couple of these for my 4x100w Sure boards. They're a fraction of the size and more efficient, plus they have a 12v auxilliary output

D

thanks, looks good.
"Can be configured for single output voltage or for dual output voltage, in range of 24V to 48V ..." means that you can run 2 boards?
and common gnd, and some noise of course. for 2 board you still need 2 psu?!
regards

You request the required config with your order... I ordered mine as 27v (single).

I'm running one supply per board / one board per-ch (8ch active 3way WWMT speakers).

Yes. I haven't tried it, but I expect that if you ran both boards off one supply (Even w/dual voltage config) you'd probably have the same hiss problem

Should be easy.....try to get soldering iron with slim tip.
Before the job secure everything (especially chips) with masking tape even maybe few layers.

Take soldering tin on the soldering iron and bring it close to the sides of the coils and apply more tin if needed, it should come of after few seconds.

After you have remove all four coils, just remove excess tin if there are some.

Bear in mind that you could break the connection (if you push or pull too much) of the coils so you would not be able to solder them back easily.

If you not sure, do not touch...........if you try, do not forget masking tape or similar protection of the circuit.

ViVa TriPath

i'm listening right now to the board, no modded just out of the box with a tiny 1A 24v modem psu!
the sound quality just blows away the $1900 McCormack power-amp! in every manner.
just a little clipping at high dynamics! surly depend on psu/tank-caps.

thank you boys who made this thread.

Thermal behaviour

Hi guys,
here is how hot are the Zalman ZM-NB47J and Wurth 4.7µH coils.
I'll mod it as I've done on another pcb, pre-reg at 12V with heatsink, tiny and cheap copper ram heatsink on coils. Will let you see the result. Room at 22°C, 7.5Ω loads, no input signal.

Attachments

• Image 1.png
    Image 1.png
    113.2 KB · Views: 386
Hi guys,
here is how hot are the Zalman ZM-NB47J and Wurth 4.7µH coils.
I'll mod it as I've done on another pcb, pre-reg at 12V with heatsink, tiny and cheap copper ram heatsink on coils. Will let you see the result. Room at 22°C, 7.5Ω loads, no input signal.

Very good results. Will you test it with 4ohm speakers & high acoustic levels to see how it goes ?
Buy the way, has anyone of you experienced any fault amp boards so far ? Mine had one channel dead on arrival but sure-electronics agreed to send me a new one.
If anyone wants the faulty board for repair & share his experience with us I would be glad to send it over as long as he covers post expenses (about 8.5 euro).
Vassilis

I had two faulty boards. I am too embarrassed to contact sure electronics again as they have already sent me a one replacement :(.......on my boards on both occasions I had one dead chip after a few hours of work.

Maybe I should contact them again, but I got a little tired out of all experience. I can not say anything bad against sure electronics.

So on your board, one channel is working correctly? (as I have two dead boards maybe I could do something out of it)

I was thinking to maybe connect one board one channel and another board for another channel. Do I need two power supplies than?

If you have one channel working on each board you wont be needing 2 power supplies. One is enough.

I had two faulty boards. I am too embarrassed to contact sure electronics again as they have already sent me a one replacement :(.......on my boards on both occasions I had one dead chip after a few hours of work.

Maybe I should contact them again, but I got a little tired out of all experience. I can not say anything bad against sure electronics.

So on your board, one channel is working correctly? (as I have two dead boards maybe I could do something out of it)

I was thinking to maybe connect one board one channel and another board for another channel. Do I need two power supplies than?

Shaun

PM send.
Because you leave in south Africa & Greek post office is messing with prices i will ask. But i think there will be no problem, i will try to find the cheapest post expenses. If you are lucky to get the board make sure you share your troubleshooting experience with us. I would have tried to fix it but for now i prefer to spend my time with my wife & kids.

I'd like to volunteer for this. PM sent.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.