problem with IR2113

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Eva!

Sorry, but I disagree! Though the small signal part of the circuit is not very clever, it's not completely wrong. Level shifting is not needed as long as high power supply is asymmetric (this is not the best thing, but it's still OK). With a very fast OPA the inverter can work acceptably also. In some cases intrinsic dead time of IR2113 can be enough. Input level of IR2113 is 15 V now, so this is a problem, one can't drive it with 5 V signal, but this can be fixed easily by wire Vdd to 5 V.

So basically there is only one mistake, but it's a gigantic one, and shows complete lack of understanding the working of ClassD amps. The power section is perfectly unusable. The MOSFET "half-bridge" is actually not a half-bridge, and filter is not a filter.

As long as 7ormore doesn't know how to design the basic circuit, it's needless to give him advices in connection with performance design.

Do you even know what you are doing???

7ormore said:
The only reason i'm currently using this design is because this is the layout my advisor suggested to use.
Thanks
Brian

It simply means that your advisor has no idea of what class-d is or what it takes to build a working class-d amplifier, it surprises me the most that how a rookie advisor could suggest such an advance project to students who are not well versed with basic electronics fundamentals atleast.:(

The whole concept in your schematic is WRONG...!!!

Gyula said:
Do you know why did you make a proportional integrator from the TL1056? It delays the square-wave and can cause overlap.

Yes i realize that now, I'm looking for a way to invert the signal without causing a lot of delay someone had mentioned 74HC, i might try using TL494 because i can control the dead time with it, however I'm not sure if its fast enough. I'm also looking at a circuit used to control level shifting.

Eva said:
Tip of the day: Learn to use logic gates and transistors or just give up on electronics and try with anything else :D

Sounds good i have a bunch of transistors on hand, right now I'm having an issue with overlap from not enough dead time. I'm looking at a couple of circuits but nothing is for sure right now. I'm familiar with logic gate and have some on hand, i have some ideas in my head on how to keep the delay of the signals the same when putting them through logic gates but nothing is for certain yet.

My idea in a nut shell, take the signal from the comparator LM311 and run it to two separate gates of the same kind one output would be inverted and one would not. I don't know if this would work or not, just kicking the idea around. Also i need away to have some dead time in each of the signals, I'm not sure on the circuit I'd use for that.

Today i'll set up the circuit for level shifting as well, its seems pretty easy and look for ideas on how to solve these problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.