LANEY B1 Amp - Blown outputs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI:

This is my first post to the forum. I am repairing this amp which is using the Tripath TA0104 preamp chip. The output transistors are STW38NB20's (W38NB20) . I have found a supplier with the transistors in stock. At least one is shorted from what looks like a liquid spill near the heatsink where they mount onto.

When powered up, and input signal applied, I can see the LED-VU levels bounce on both the input and output monitoring. There is a green LED near the tripath chip which is not lit, labeled 'run'. Does this mean the Tripath chip is not running and ought to be replaced? I have read about some replacements for this chip which are inconclusive. Ought I just replace it, or is the run light a sign its bad? Nothing else seems burnt, but there are 2 black color hi-watt resistors that dont seem to have any resistance at all, and may be open, but I need to remove them from the board to be sure. They are shown in the photo below each channels power transistors. Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.