No sound from reboxed t-amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I have reboxed my original t-amp according to the instructions on the tnt website. No new caps or anything like that, just new terminals.

I could not get a 50k pot so using 100k from maplin. Also still using 3.5mm input on board for phono input.

However, I am not getting any sound from either channel. Just some rapid clicking noises...

I initially had some problems powering up - it seems the metal case was to blame... I have taken everything out of the chassis I made to test and it powers up fine.

Is there some tests I can do to track down the problem?

Regards,

Paul Ross, Devon UK

No output from reboxed t-amp

Hi all,

(Been pointed here after posting in the chip amps section - sorry)

I have been reboxing my original t-amp. Like on the TNT website, just new terminals - no new caps etc.

I am not getting any output from the amp on either channel. I initially had some problems powering up. I was getting clicking noises from the amp. It seems the metal case was causing the problem because I have now taken everything out of the case and it powers up fine.

Here is some photos to give a rough idea of how it looked before i removed everything. I tried the 3.5mm input and the phono using croc clips. Pot is 100k from maplin.

Pics here

Here

and here

I could not get any joy from this amp. I think maybe it got wrecked by speaker terminals touching metal case?

I dug out my spare t-amp board --- i had trouble bridging the caps with my old soldering iron. Did the bass improvement mod as per audio1st diagram... powered up first time and sounds excellent.

thanks for your suggestions anyway guys. now to refine the case i made with plastic back panel...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.