Topping TP10 Mk3 and Topping TP20 impressons? - Page 20 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd July 2011, 07:57 AM   #191
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Malefoda
My mistake, I've said the Zobel, but the whole output filter is playing its part about brightness, check the output filter values, if there are 0.47F caps and you have 8 ohms speakers this should lead to brigh sound, try there 0.22F that will tame the top end.
Old 10th July 2011, 10:47 AM   #192
Hendot is offline Hendot  Australia
diyAudio Member

I've just bought a tp20 mkII off eBay. I am looking forward to modding it once it arrives.
Old 5th January 2012, 12:17 PM   #193
diyAudio Member

haha i just string lined 3x10000uf panny tsha caps i had laying around into the power input and it's a great success. they replaced the 2x68000uf nichicons i had in previously.

bass is thick and meaty now like a vintage japanese amp.

don't let 68000uf become the limiting factor for the smoothing cap mod.
Old 5th January 2012, 07:41 PM   #194
diyAudio Member

what are the original 12v caps btw? shouldn't they be jumped when different caps are added for the same role?
Old 28th January 2012, 02:13 AM   #195
diyAudio Member

I just got a TP 20 MK2 can we see some pics of the mods you did to yours.
Also I have a question mine has very bad banding posts every thing else like the rca jacks is of a lot higher quality my posts have inferior threads that don't fit precisely does anyone else have this problem or is it others are just using the bananas instead. am i the only one with defective posts the amp it self sounds good no his or hum very quite. where can I get better binding posts that will fit any one try and change these from the junk it came with thats my one real gripe.

I would also like to tame the bright blue leds on the vol control any one have idea for that perhaps a resistor to make them dimer what would work best.
Old 5th March 2012, 04:35 AM   #196
diyAudio Member

I also got my Topping TP20 Mark 2 amp today. Hooked up my sony 6 ohm 3 way speakers, I did not find the bass tight and when I increased volume to full.. there is lot of distortion. I will try to modify the AMP with the capacitors and see again, if it makes any difference.

I opened the TP 20 AMP, see two 220uF 50 V capacitors (C10, C11) near to IC, and another two 1000uf 16 V capacitor ( c23, c24). Can some one please let me know which Caps to change with what specs of capacitors.

Thank you Advance
Regards
Chandra Velaga
Old 6th March 2012, 03:20 AM   #197
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvelaga View Post
I also got my Topping TP20 Mark 2 amp today. Hooked up my sony 6 ohm 3 way speakers, I did not find the bass tight and when I increased volume to full.. there is lot of distortion. I will try to modify the AMP with the capacitors and see again, if it makes any difference.

I opened the TP 20 AMP, see two 220uF 50 V capacitors (C10, C11) near to IC, and another two 1000uf 16 V capacitor ( c23, c24). Can some one please let me know which Caps to change with what specs of capacitors.

Thank you Advance
Regards
Chandra Velaga

I am updating the photos, This PCB looks different than the ones posted in the forum. where should I connect the capacitors ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TOPING TP 20.jpg (113.2 KB, 314 views)
Old 12th March 2012, 10:39 AM   #198
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvelaga View Post
I am updating the photos, This PCB looks different than the ones posted in the forum. where should I connect the capacitors ?
You should add caps to the switch (rear connection I believe) and -ve side of the dc socket (the connection on the side of it).

I see that Arjen used 6,800uF on his mkIII board and has since changed to a 4,700uF ELNA. I expect he's been selecting size vs sound vs cost. Does anyone have thoughts on the value to be used, probably low ESR is most important (possibly the reason Arjen uses 4,700uF now). 4 x 2,200uF could be better if lower ESR.
Old 28th March 2012, 09:04 AM   #199
diyAudio Member

Hello,
I have a question - which coils would be better for the upgrade of TP10:
http://katalog.we-online.de/kataloge...4437368100.pdf
or
http://katalog.we-online.de/kataloge.../744778910.pdf
Regards.
Old 28th March 2012, 03:09 PM   #200
JoeDJ is offline JoeDJ  United States
diyAudio Member

I just ordered a TP20-MK2.
For the low cost, I fugured it would be s good amp to "experiment" with.
Personally, with my aging ears, the rising high end and the clean sound of the L2020 chip sounds quite good to me at lower volumes. I wiil also be using my powered sub along with my 8ohm speakers rated at 88db

I just have a couple questions. Are the speaker post really that bad considereing that one usally does not install and remove wires on an amp that often.
Also, I do have a set of standard banana plugs, willl they fit the amp?

Hide this!Advertise here!